zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
help you with one pic missed.

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
pic 1 & 3 just need to correct the tilt. i like pic 3 for the reflection
pic 2 is good but watch blown highlight.

the horseman is weaker in terms of composition. flat on and snappish. if given a chance to move, consider going near with wide angle to catch an alternative perspective.

RodelFMiguel

Apr 2, 2007
pic 1 & 3 just need to correct the tilt. i like pic 3 for the reflection
pic 2 is good but watch blown highlight.

the horseman is weaker in terms of composition. flat on and snappish. if given a chance to move, consider going near with wide angle to catch an alternative perspective.
Hi Zoosh,

Thanks for the critique. I agree with you on the horseman. I cropped this pic to remove those elements not needed, e.g. people also watching the museum. That probably caused a weak composition.

Also, Milkmaid is a museum staff. The shot is inside an open air museum that depicts an old danish town. That's the reason she's still dressed like that. :)

Canon_5D

Oct 24, 2005
Like City Reflection and Milk Maid :thumbsup:

RodelFMiguel

Apr 2, 2007
Thanks Djork & Fisheye!!!

@Djork. Ok, I'll note the feet to be included if I get opportunities for other similar shots! ;)

@Fisheye. Yup, good place for holiday especially on Summer! You get ~20 hour daytime... Hee hee, its hard to sleep though if you have thin curtains...

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
Thanks Djork & Fisheye!!!

@Djork. Ok, I'll note the feet to be included if I get opportunities for other similar shots! ;)
unless you can accomdate a shorter focal length in your lens, you need to step backwards provided you are not blocked by a wall. if neither way is possible, i would consider your take as acceptable. just remember things are not always possible by techiques, tools are also important too. which is why the 2mm difference between a 10-20mm and a 12-24mm can make a bigger difference than what we think....

RodelFMiguel

Apr 2, 2007
unless you can accomdate a shorter focal length in your lens, you need to step backwards provided you are not blocked by a wall. if neither way is possible, i would consider your take as acceptable. just remember things are not always possible by techiques, tools are also important too. which is why the 2mm difference between a 10-20mm and a 12-24mm can make a bigger difference than what we think....
Now I remember, this is the best I can do during this shoot, there's a wall and I used a kit lens at the min focal length I can achieve, i.e. 18mm. :) BTW, I am now searching for a proper wide angle lens, by proper, I mean nice price, big aperture, and really wide... Any recommendations?

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
Now I remember, this is the best I can do during this shoot, there's a wall and I used a kit lens at the min focal length I can achieve, i.e. 18mm. :) BTW, I am now searching for a proper wide angle lens, by proper, I mean nice price, big aperture, and really wide... Any recommendations?
Big aperture? Why big aperture? :bigeyes:

There's only so wide you can get before it becomes a fish eye.. Not everyone's into the FE distortion though. =D

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
18mm is already wide. below that should be considered as ultra-wide. aperture size for ultrawide angle usually starts from f/4.

think there is a few magazine covering that, ken rockwell and nikonian.org also got a good article - but that is for nikon mount ie nikon & fujifilm. i'm not sure of canon, olympus-panasonic, sony-KM & pentax.

for nikon, there is nikon, tamron, sigma, tokina lens. nikon 12-24mm have the best optical quality at double the price (ok, do check it out though, i may not be sure how much more ex). tokina have the best build. sigma got the most wide angle.

sigma got two wide models. one is 10-20, another i think is 11 or 12 onwards. do take note.

prices should be $800 onwards.

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
sigma got two wide models. one is 10-20, another i think is 11 or 12 onwards. do take note.

prices should be $800 onwards.
10-20 and 12-24.

Tokina also has a 12-24, IIRC, but not quite good, based on reviews I've seen.

RodelFMiguel

Apr 2, 2007
Hi Zoossh & Night86mare

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll take note of these. Also, there are CS guys selling the items you suggested... hee hee, worth considering.

@Nightmare, sometimes, if you do portrait shots, you may consider wide angle big aperture for ambient lighting plus more background. Got that tip from some magazine. :)

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
@Nightmare, sometimes, if you do portrait shots, you may consider wide angle big aperture for ambient lighting plus more background. Got that tip from some magazine. :)
Ah, I've seen that before, to show the setting of people, yes?

People not my cup of tea though, not yet, but I get what you mean. =) Good luck in getting your wider lens! :angel:

newman01

Jan 12, 2006
i like the refection photo best
in my opinion the windmill shot would be better if you shot lesser ground and more sky

Status
Not open for further replies.