AA Battery NIMH charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongsw

Oct 2, 2003
www.francisong.com
Hi Guys,

My Sony NIMH batteries died on me recently and looking for replacement. My old charger is the non-refresh type and now looking to get new charger + batteries. I was surfing EastGear and saw this Maha Powerex MH-C401FS 100 Minute Cool Charger + 8 x Sanyo 2500
which seems like a good deal. I am not very familiar with chargers and batteries and this product seems to be very "high tech". Any reviews on this or are there better recommendations from you guys. Primarily using the rechargeable batts for my FL36 and my trusty C3040. Thanks!

Warm Regards,

Francis:)

get the Maha charger... it is good, but stay away from the Sanyo batteries, quality sucks and most people experienced overly quick discharge problems with them.

tao said:
get the Maha charger... it is good, but stay away from the Sanyo batteries, quality sucks and most people experienced overly quick discharge problems with them.

Wad batteries are good huh? Thanks!

Sanyo battery is bad as it loses power by itself without using it quickly. Sony is good.

akak said:
Sanyo battery is bad as it loses power by itself without using it quickly. Sony is good.

Hah... Sony uses Sanyo OEM, they just relabel them. The latest Duracell NiMH seems very good.

the Maha charger is :thumbsup: ... they have a great reputation.
But most chargers these days are pretti decent and would do a reasonable job.

All NiMH batteries self-discharge rather quickly. IIRC its btw 8-10% a day.
Sanyo batteries are quite good actually. They are not expensive either. Alot of batteries are Sanyo OEMs like energizer/fuji/sony.... Except for the 2500s that have a quick self discharge prob many pple have been happily using them.

hammer_400 said:
the Maha charger is :thumbsup: ... they have a great reputation.
But most chargers these days are pretti decent and would do a reasonable job.

All NiMH batteries self-discharge rather quickly. IIRC its btw 8-10% a day.
Sanyo batteries are quite good actually. They are not expensive either. Alot of batteries are Sanyo OEMs like energizer/fuji/sony.... Except for the 2500s that have a quick self discharge prob many pple have been happily using them.

You mean get the 2300s Sanyos and not the 2500s?

most chargers can only charge partially even on slow charge mode. the only charger that can charge almost fully is the la crosse. however, it takes several cycles of dicharge and recharge to maximise the capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.