A80 add on lenses??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleahhh

Mar 28, 2004
i am thinking of getting those add on lense...how do i go at getting one??

i have no clue on what i can do on what i can get...so..anyone can fill me in?

and i read some of the threads got something abt Reversed 50mm...wads dat ar...

Bleahhh said:
i am thinking of getting those add on lense...how do i go at getting one??

i have no clue on what i can do on what i can get...so..anyone can fill me in?

and i read some of the threads got something abt Reversed 50mm...wads dat ar...

For A80, you could add filters (UV, Circular polariser, etc etc) and/or Converter (Tele or Wide). To be able to add those stuffs (filters and converter) you will need an adaptor.

As for the reverse 50mm, that is for SLR or DSLR user.

Hope that helps :)

Brandon said:
For A80, you could add filters (UV, Circular polariser, etc etc) and/or Converter (Tele or Wide). To be able to add those stuffs (filters and converter) you will need an adaptor.

As for the reverse 50mm, that is for SLR or DSLR user.

Hope that helps :)

so how much will the adapter cost and what filter is good as a protection??
The price as well pls
Thanks! :D

You still can use the reverse lens, you have to get reverse ring adapter. and of course 50mm lens

kohweekuan said:
so how much will the adapter cost and what filter is good as a protection??
The price as well pls
Thanks! :D

I don't know how much the adapter will cost as I'm not using A80
As for the filter, just use a UV filter, won't cost more than $20 if you get the Hoya one

Brandon said:
I don't know how much the adapter will cost as I'm not using A80
As for the filter, just use a UV filter, won't cost more than $20 if you get the Hoya one

So the UV filter will reduce the amt of light entering the cam right and will this affect the quality of the picture very much??

found this site abt the uv filter
quite clear of the functions
hope it helps. :D

kohweekuan said:
found this site abt the uv filter
quite clear of the functions
hope it helps. :D

Interesting read :thumbsup:

this reverse-reverse thing...let me get this straight...the mount on the A80 is a 52mm, so i get a normal 50mm lens then mount it onto the reverse lens ring. that's it?

hmm..so for a start, what kind of lense should i get for maybe getting better "field of depth"?

Bleahhh said:
hmm..so for a start, what kind of lense should i get for maybe getting better "field of depth"?

depth of field will decrease with smaller f numbers (meaning larger apperture) or longer focal length (more zoom), so for A80, I gues you could try teleconverter to increase your zoom since the maximum apperture is fixed.

I'm still not sure about adding 50mm lens to your A80 though. I dun think it can be done, but I might be wrong :)

Brandon said:
depth of field will decrease with smaller f numbers (meaning larger apperture) or longer focal length (more zoom), so for A80, I gues you could try teleconverter to increase your zoom since the maximum apperture is fixed.

I'm still not sure about adding 50mm lens to your A80 though. I dun think it can be done, but I might be wrong :)

so seems i could get a teleconverter lense....so..what brand is better, esp for canon a80? and the price range....and what are the diff teleconvertor lenses (differences) in the market..?

Bleahhh said:

What do you mean by getting 'better' depth of field? More things are sharp in your picture? Or more things are blur?

justarius said:
What do you mean by getting 'better' depth of field? More things are sharp in your picture? Or more things are blur?

lets say that using the cam itself, the depth of field achieved is not THAT GOOD... i wanna to be able to focus on this further away or nearer...

Bleahhh said:
lets say that using the cam itself, the depth of field achieved is not THAT GOOD... i wanna to be able to focus on this further away or nearer...

I still don't get you... do you want more depth of field? Or less? I haven't yet heard anyone describing depth of field by good or not... :dunno:

Putting it most simply,
More depth of field = more things in focus
Less depth of field = less things in focus

justarius said:
I still don't get you... do you want more depth of field? Or less? I haven't yet heard anyone describing depth of field by good or not... :dunno:

Putting it most simply,
More depth of field = more things in focus
Less depth of field = less things in focus

oh...maybe i should say...i want more depth of field..lol...

Bleahhh said:
oh...maybe i should say...i want more depth of field..lol...

Hmm... Thats strange? I have an A70 and my problem most commonly is that theres too much DOF for my liking.=) Which i have semi resolved by switching off the AiAF...

So... the only advice i can give is to up your f number so that you get clearer pics?

drummercow said:
Hmm... Thats strange? I have an A70 and my problem most commonly is that theres too much DOF for my liking.=) Which i have semi resolved by switching off the AiAF...

So... the only advice i can give is to up your f number so that you get clearer pics?

yup this is true, digicam normally has more depth of field (though don't ask me why.. some arcane relationship dealing with the smaller sensor size or something). Experts? :D

hello, i'm new here. was also searching for tc lens for my A70 and i bumped into this discussion. yah, anyone any idea where to get the lens adapters, tc lens and macro lens for Canon Powershot A series at a lower rate?

cheers all! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.