A7RIII

Spec impressive but my lenses for it not. Need to get new lenses and pc to max the body. A7r 2 sure selling low now, heh Heh!

Expect 2nd hand Mark 2 to drop further.......$2500 perhaps?
Marketplace price has been stable at $2700-2800 before announcement.

Expect 2nd hand Mark 2 to drop further.......$2500 perhaps?
Marketplace price has been stable at $2700-2800 before announcement.

I rather go for the new version as the features are better. But I don't like to sell even hardly use, so, need to buy wisely also. Now my 135mm might be sitting duck since I am getting the RX10 mk4, as I will be having a lot of tele range.

I rather go for the new version as the features are better. But I don't like to sell even hardly use, so, need to buy wisely also. Now my 135mm might be sitting duck since I am getting the RX10 mk4, as I will be having a lot of tele range.

Budget conscious buyer will consider price/performance...if $ is not an issue, then buy the latest model.

I got a little excited over the pixel shift thingy but read this. It's a major disapointment that they can't package the files in-camera. This is an important feature which could differentiate image quality between the II and III but the impplementation is half-cooked. Sony, what the hell were you thinking?

However, unlike the system Pentax uses or the earlier, 8-shot process used by Olympus, the a7R III cannot assemble the final images in-camera. Instead four Raw files must be processed using a freely downloadable image processing application for PCs that Sony will offer. The camera must also wait between 1 and 30 seconds between shots for the sensor to settle, which is likely to exacerbate the problems of subject movement between the first and last shot.

The other improvement I look forward to are the better battery life and dual card slots but frankly, these might not be enough to justify buying the III for me.

I got a little excited over the pixel shift thingy but read this. It's a major disapointment that they can't package the files in-camera. This is an important feature which could differentiate image quality between the II and III but the impplementation is half-cooked. Sony, what the hell were you thinking?

Probably wanna make you buy one of their crappy apps down the road... Just like their poorly implemented half-baked in-camera timelapse...

Probably wanna make you buy one of their crappy apps down the road... Just like their poorly implemented half-baked in-camera timelapse...

Nevermind about poorly implemented apps. The idea of asking customers to pay more for features available in other cameras is ridiculous!

Nevermind about poorly implemented apps. The idea of asking customers to pay more for features available in other cameras is ridiculous!

Completely agree, in a 3-4 grand camera, no less. Still wanna nickel and dime us. The fact that customers pay more and get poorly implemented apps is just an extra kick in the nuts. If I paid and got something on-par with what's available in other cameras, I'm still willing to tolerate that first kick :bsmilie:

The other improvement I look forward to are the better battery life and dual card slots but frankly, these might not be enough to justify buying the III for me.

i'm into the R3 for the 10FPS mechanical shutter with flash sync, 15 stop DR, better battery life. 10fps in electronic silent shutter sounds good too even if not as good as the a9 one. Dual slots also a good update

i'm into the R3 for the 10FPS mechanical shutter with flash sync, 15 stop DR, better battery life. 10fps in electronic silent shutter sounds good too even if not as good as the a9 one. Dual slots also a good update

I'm sure the speed department is enticing for many but that is not beneficial to my work. At the moment, I see money better spent on more glasses than the III.

Was waiting for the D850 to be in stock....

This looks like really good. The extra stop of dr, double the battery life, improved af looks pretty good

Adorama is an independent retailer. Providing trade-in is their own business decision. Why should Sony do the same?

Ooohh OK since Sony worldwide able to do a trade in program previously they are counted as independent huh. So Singapore small pea do no business can't do la hahaha. Guess I gotta get from other countries which have better logic than sg

Ooohh OK since Sony worldwide able to do a trade in program previously they are counted as independent huh. So Singapore small pea do no business can't do la hahaha. Guess I gotta get from other countries which have better logic than sg

Adorama Trade in your Gear and get a credit towards the New Sony A7R3 (click here for details). They will pay up to the following prices depending on the condition:
Sony a7R $650 // Sony a7RII $1200 // Sony a7 $400 // Sony a7SII $1350 // Sony a6300 $420 // Sony a6500 $650.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/adorama-launches-trade-bonus-buy-sony-a7riii/

I'm sure if you had an A7RII you are happy to get S$1680 for (US$1200@1.4), there will be a long line of people happy to do a personalized trade in program for you within a few seconds of listing it here :)

Last edited: