A710IS or F31fd

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjazzboy

Sep 15, 2003
Bk Pj
Visit site
to all the expert and abv user .. need yr help, thinking of getting a new cam to replace my A70 ... hv narrow down to A710IS and F31fd .. like to hear comment or suggestion on which shd i get ...;)

to all the expert and abv user .. need yr help, thinking of getting a new cam to replace my A70 ... hv narrow down to A710IS and F31fd .. like to hear comment or suggestion on which shd i get ...;)

what you want in a camera?

you just put two camera there and you want us to tell you wat camera you suppose to buy?

Personally, I would go for the f31fd.

i would also go for that, selling at 499, very value for money.

but not sure what TS wants also.

what you want in a camera?

you just put two camera there and you want us to tell you wat camera you suppose to buy?

reason i hv short listed A710 is becos of the 6 X Optical zoom .. as for F31fd, becos saw lot of good comment ..

maybe i shd hv list down thing to compare ..

01. Picture quality Day and Night
02. Easy to use
03. Manual funtion
04. Batt life
05. Others .. ;)

reason i hv short listed A710 is becos of the 6 X Optical zoom .. as for F31fd, becos saw lot of good comment ..

maybe i shd hv list down thing to compare ..

01. Picture quality Day and Night
02. Easy to use
03. Manual funtion
04. Batt life
05. Others .. ;)

F31d already. :)

tks for all the reply ... so i know what to get now ... :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

tks for all the reply ... so i know what to get now ... :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Just to confuse you a little, i'll give you some reasons why i luv my 710! btw, i choose it over the F30 (that time F31fd not out yet)

- fully manual controls: for that oh-so-special effect when the situation presents itself
- SD card: cheaper (hell of a lot), more available and much more compatability
- Colors: just as nice (found out after i took out my pics :))
- IS: useful when i haven't got my morning smoke and coffee

only downside i got was the inferior of night shot capability, but the IS with ISO 800 kinda makes up a bit...

Just to confuse you a little, i'll give you some reasons why i luv my 710! btw, i choose it over the F30 (that time F31fd not out yet)

- fully manual controls: for that oh-so-special effect when the situation presents itself
- SD card: cheaper (hell of a lot), more available and much more compatability
- Colors: just as nice (found out after i took out my pics :))
- IS: useful when i haven't got my morning smoke and coffee

only downside i got was the inferior of night shot capability, but the IS with ISO 800 kinda makes up a bit...

now its 499 with 2GB card already for f31d

I think the canon website suggests that 710IS costs the same $499 with 2GB SD card.

I can see that F31 does spot a good ISO performance. On the other hand 710IS has image stabiliser and has a larger zoom.

I was looking for a compact for my gf, and I am also down with these two choices. She wants good ISO performance, a big zoom and good macro capabilities (able to focus close?). If I can combine f31d and 710IS I will have less of a headache. What do you recommend?

i have the A700.

with 2 AA batteries the camera is really light, but the battery life is horrendous. only with lithium batteries can i reach up to a couple hundred shots (without flash).

speaking of flash, the recycling rate is annoyingly slow.

i'd say go for a camera with better power capabilities.

The F31fd is good for night shots, while the A710IS has manual controls and IS. You win some and you lose some. Other than the budget (the Canon costs $569), it all depends how are you going to use your camera most.

Another thing, once you've tried IS, you'd know how important it is (well, that's how I felt). Personally, I'd go for the Canon, cos the camera will grow with your skills. :)

The F31fd is good for night shots, while the A710IS has manual controls and IS. You win some and you lose some. Other than the budget (the Canon costs $569), it all depends how are you going to use your camera most.

Another thing, once you've tried IS, you'd know how important it is (well, that's how I felt). Personally, I'd go for the Canon, cos the camera will grow with your skills. :)

these kind of camera got IS one meh?

these kind of camera got IS one meh?

If you're referring to the Canon, yep. It's not named A710IS for nothing! :)

i have the A700.

with 2 AA batteries the camera is really light, but the battery life is horrendous. only with lithium batteries can i reach up to a couple hundred shots (without flash).

speaking of flash, the recycling rate is annoyingly slow.

i'd say go for a camera with better power capabilities.

I use the A710is with eneloops can take lots of shots leh... bout 4-5 dives.. so that's about 200 shots with flash and LCD on for 5 hours at least..

Oh yar, one HUGE thing that swayed me was the batteries.. dun you just luv using AAs?

F31fd battery life is legendary. Spec says CIPA580, but usually I hit up to 450 before it passed out.:)

what is the current price for A710 IS?

edit: found out it was $499

Status
Not open for further replies.