A700 oof issue

magodar1979

Mar 11, 2009
Hi
I recently bought Sony A700 from a CS member. Upon taking pictures i noticed that the pic looks OK on LCD screen but when i zoom it looks like OOF. Similarly on computer screen also. i didn't had this problem when i was using my A100.
Is it a camera issue or do i need to send my camera for servicing?
The pics i took is from 18-70 kit lens with apertute 3.5 and 50mm 1.7 standard lens.
Seeking for your advice.
thnx a lot in advance.

Have you tried putting camera on tripod and use smaller aperture opening e.g. F11 or F16

When you use large aperture opening like F1.8, your DOF is very thin; resulting in what looks like a OOF picture.

Suggest you use the 50mm to do your test; the 18-70mm is generally very soft.

Last edited:
If you are using hand held, you can push up your ISO to 400 or 800 to so that you can use a smaller aperture opening and higher shutter speed to prevent camera shake.

Hi
I recently bought Sony A700 from a CS member. Upon taking pictures i noticed that the pic looks OK on LCD screen but when i zoom it looks like OOF. Similarly on computer screen also. i didn't had this problem when i was using my A100.
Is it a camera issue or do i need to send my camera for servicing?
The pics i took is from 18-70 kit lens with apertute 3.5 and 50mm 1.7 standard lens.
Seeking for your advice.
thnx a lot in advance.

maybe u can post a few photos complete with exif data ?

Hi Diavonex and SK1968
I followed ur instructions, later found that the image is sharp.
Thnx for ur advise.

Hi Diavonex and SK1968
I followed ur instructions, later found that the image is sharp.
Thnx for ur advise.

Happy to hear that the image is sharp :)

Enjoy your A700; it's an excellent camera.

magodar1979, you can further increase the sharpness of your picture by increasing the in-camera Sharpness if you are shooting Jpeg.