A700 -> a55 slt.......

Raymondb

Oct 21, 2003
Poison by the spec and features of the A55, make me thinking of switching from my 2Year old A700 to the new A55.

For those who had switched to the A55 from A700, care to share your opinion on what features on the A700 will be missed if one were to switch to the new SLT A55, beside the weather seal of the A700 body which the A55 is lack of..?

Thanks in advance

Poison by the spec and features of the A55, make me thinking of switching from my 2Year old A700 to the new A55.

For those who had switched to the A55 from A700, care to share your opinion on what features on the A700 will be missed if one were to switch to the new SLT A55, beside the weather seal of the A700 body which the A55 is lack of..?

Thanks in advance

- Battery life
- Rear command dial
- Configurable Max ISO level for Auto ISO

But in turn, with A55, I soon forgot about A700 as it has:
- Good AF video
- Faster AF
- Better high ISO
- Lighter in weight and smaller in size
- Live view

Thanks in advance

Why not wait for the A77 that will be released in a few months. Last I heard, beginning of next year.

The A55 is a great camera, I just got mine last week, but I feel that if you are used to a A700, might as well wait for its successor since it won't be a long wait.

Why not wait for the A77 that will be released in a few months. Last I heard, beginning of next year.

The A55 is a great camera, I just got mine last week, but I feel that if you are used to a A700, might as well wait for its successor since it won't be a long wait.

Sony quoted less than a year from last month, so it may drag till next year Sep before it reaches our shore.

Thanks for the quick response. :)

How about the AWB performance on the A55? My A700 AWB at times will sway towards green side, even with raw, sometimes I find it very difficult to adjust to the correct tone.

Thanks for the quick response. :)

How about the AWB performance on the A55? My A700 AWB at times will sway towards green side, even with raw, sometimes I find it very difficult to adjust to the correct tone.

I understand A700 AWB issue.

A55 does not have AWB issue as far as I used for 2 weeks and is quite accurate.

Bro A55/A33 is more like proconsumer cam less for you to tweak the settings etc... I think A700 has more advance setting/configs so you might encounter culture shock when you switch to A33/A55. But these DSLT are really a good cam feature rich and fun camera.

Try to play around with it and see if the menu driven control is acceptable to you... I have switch from Olympus E620 to A33 and I find sometimes that I could tweak fine tune my A33 like my E620 but if I must say DSLT is a fun camera and fast AF now I could catch my baby kid in action even using slow 18-250 at good lighting and almost never misses anything using 50mm f1.8 :)

I have switched from a Canon 5D to A55 last week. The only thing I miss is the dial, and to a lesser extent, the bokeh of a FF. Else, I love my A55 + CZ and I am one happy Sony Convert

I have switched from a Canon 5D to A55 last week. The only thing I miss is the dial, and to a lesser extent, the bokeh of a FF. Else, I love my A55 + CZ and I am one happy Sony Convert

Tried a A900/A850 with a CZ 135 yet? :D :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

wow :) CZ lens is very exp still saving to get one hehehe welcome to the Alpha hope you wont get easily tired of the less controls/tweaking and buttons

Do not dare to try, as I know, will be bitten by the BBB bug... The reason why I convert, is to save some $$, and get even better IQ. Maybe after my career have settled down, will consider. Going through a bad patch for my career recently...

If there will be a SLT FF, I will definitely be sold...

Do not dare to try, as I know, will be bitten by the BBB bug... The reason why I convert, is to save some $$, and get even better IQ. Maybe after my career have settled down, will consider. Going through a bad patch for my career recently...

If there will be a SLT FF, I will definitely be sold...

oh man DSLT FF scarry;p

wow :) CZ lens is very exp still saving to get one hehehe welcome to the Alpha hope you wont get easily tired of the less controls/tweaking and buttons

Thanks for the welcome. It is worth its weight. I am a happy A55+CZ user, coming from 350D/40D/5D + L lens user... Love the colors and sharpness from my current setup.

No more Chai Tao ( Robert head ) for the other camp.... Poor man cannot afford to feed the other camp profit margin...

Thanks for the welcome. It is worth its weight. I am a happy A55+CZ user, coming from 350D/40D/5D + L lens user... Love the colors and sharpness from my current setup.

No more Chai Tao ( Robert head ) for the other camp.... Poor man cannot afford to feed the other camp profit margin...

hehe I was coming from Oly too bad they are not releasing any new E-XXX series else Oly colors are good and thier glass also but sadly AF is darn slow.

Your setup is CZ16-80??

Welcome to Alpha family bro, nice meeting you at photo sharing session yesterday. Hope to see you often in alpha outing;)

hehe I was coming from Oly too bad they are not releasing any new E-XXX series else Oly colors are good and thier glass also but sadly AF is darn slow.

Your setup is CZ16-80??

Yup.. Great lens... Love the optics, love the weight.. soooooo light compared to 5D+24105.

Welcome to Alpha family bro, nice meeting you at photo sharing session yesterday. Hope to see you often in alpha outing;)

THanks Bro, Nice meeting you too and great community.. Looking forward to more outings / event

I waiting to try, haha! :bsmilie:

But I still go for a 70-200mm F2.8 if I have the $. I dont have pretty model for the 135mm. :bheart:

I waiting to try, haha! :bsmilie:

But I still go for a 70-200mm F2.8 if I have the $. I dont have pretty model for the 135mm. :bheart:

I've rented the 70-200mm before, after using it for a few days find that the focal range not for me.

Lucky for my wallet :bsmilie: