A70 on WinXP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Hi fellow CS'ers;

just to check if i wanted to d/l shots from a Canon A70 and i am using the WinXP Pro OS, do i need any drivers to be installed or do i simply plug in the cable and turn on the camera?

Kindly advise. :)

Cheers. :)

Originally posted by AdamGoi
My guess it's PnP. Have you plugging it in yet?

Not yet tried.. since the A70 is not with me and i will be bringing my laptop out to d/l the shots from that cam you see. Just just needed to make sure if it's driver is in built. :embrass:

Err i tot all canon Digital camera comes with a cd?
U need to install the Driver and program from the cd right?
For the case of A70, think is the ZoomBrowser program and the A70 driver?

As for WinXP OS, think no need other stuff than the stuffs in the attached canon cd.

:D

I think it's pretty standard nowadays that the cameras behave themselves as "removable disk drives" upon plugging to the USB port of laptop/pcs.

The contents of the CF card will be like a readable and manipultable disk, can copy the images file out directly.

Plus and play, no need driver.

yes pnp
just for ur info, the software that usually comes with digicam are used for editing pictures or easy uploading of pictures to the pc... (but most ppl would already have photoshop available ... )
digicam works as a external data storage device (something like a usb thumb drive....) so no drivers is necessary... when the camera is plugged in, windows will detect it as another drive letter

Originally posted by espn
I think it's pretty standard nowadays that the cameras behave themselves as "removable disk drives" upon plugging to the USB port of laptop/pcs.

The contents of the CF card will be like a readable and manipultable disk, can copy the images file out directly.

Well, apparently you haven't used a Canon digital camera, have you? ;) They don't implement "mass storage device" (is that what it's called) for their USB connection, so you won't see it appear as a removable drive. Instead, they implement TWAIN on Win 98 and 2K (must use TWAIN enabled software to download), and WIA on Win ME and XP. Only with Win XP and the later cameras (which includes the A70) do you not have to install the Canon drivers, but the manual warns that there are limitations if you don't install the drivers.

Yes, I do, infact I played with my Canon V3, probably I was plugging into my WinXP system so it was ok.

My sister uses the V3 so I installed the software for her, my apologies for making a sweeping statement across all cameras :embrass:

Thanks for the enlightening note on how Canon does the imaging transfer, I learned something again :)

*shameless plug for Olympus and Sony cameras...* been there done that since 2001 ;p;p

Status
Not open for further replies.