A70 and IR photography question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
May I know if A70 support IR photography? If yes what kind of accessory should get for it? Any sample shots out there?

btw, I suppose D60 is not efficient in IR photography, right?

Originally posted by tomshen
May I know if A70 support IR photography? If yes what kind of accessory should get for it? Any sample shots out there?

btw, I suppose D60 is not efficient in IR photography, right?

The Canon DSLRs have a very effective IR blocking filter over the CCD, so it's not very effective in IR photography. Not sure if the A70 can support, always worth a try. Get a Hoya R72 IR filter. Not sure how much other diameters cost but a 62mm one is $47 or so. I don't have sample shots of A70 IR, but if you are interested in seeing Nikon IR, let me know. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
The Canon DSLRs have a very effective IR blocking filter over the CCD, so it's not very effective in IR photography. Not sure if the A70 can support, always worth a try. Get a Hoya R72 IR filter. Not sure how much other diameters cost but a 62mm one is $47 or so. I don't have sample shots of A70 IR, but if you are interested in seeing Nikon IR, let me know. :)

Regards
CK

Hi CK,me interested to see your IR photo with your D100;p
Wanted to try out too.
Care to show us and let us know what filter you use and what setting?
Thank alot

Originally posted by kn34
Hi CK,me interested to see your IR photo with your D100;p
Wanted to try out too.
Care to show us and let us know what filter you use and what setting?
Thank alot

I used a Hoya R72 62mm IR filter.

Pics + settings are in here:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31475&highlight=R72

Old cameras apparently work better as they either don't have an IR blocking filter on the sensor, or have a "not so effective" one. :)

Regards
CK

thx! Heard Nikon D100 and D1x are good for IR, but not D60. Will try the A70...

Status
Not open for further replies.