A70 and IR photography question


Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#1
May I know if A70 support IR photography? If yes what kind of accessory should get for it? Any sample shots out there?

btw, I suppose D60 is not efficient in IR photography, right?
 

#2
Originally posted by tomshen
May I know if A70 support IR photography? If yes what kind of accessory should get for it? Any sample shots out there?

btw, I suppose D60 is not efficient in IR photography, right?
The Canon DSLRs have a very effective IR blocking filter over the CCD, so it's not very effective in IR photography. Not sure if the A70 can support, always worth a try. Get a Hoya R72 IR filter. Not sure how much other diameters cost but a 62mm one is $47 or so. I don't have sample shots of A70 IR, but if you are interested in seeing Nikon IR, let me know. :)

Regards
CK
 

kn34

New Member
May 6, 2002
94
0
0
S'pore
www.pbase.com
#3
Originally posted by ckiang
The Canon DSLRs have a very effective IR blocking filter over the CCD, so it's not very effective in IR photography. Not sure if the A70 can support, always worth a try. Get a Hoya R72 IR filter. Not sure how much other diameters cost but a 62mm one is $47 or so. I don't have sample shots of A70 IR, but if you are interested in seeing Nikon IR, let me know. :)

Regards
CK
Hi CK,me interested to see your IR photo with your D100;p
Wanted to try out too.
Care to show us and let us know what filter you use and what setting?
Thank alot
 

#4
Originally posted by kn34
Hi CK,me interested to see your IR photo with your D100;p
Wanted to try out too.
Care to show us and let us know what filter you use and what setting?
Thank alot
I used a Hoya R72 62mm IR filter.

Pics + settings are in here:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31475&highlight=R72

Old cameras apparently work better as they either don't have an IR blocking filter on the sensor, or have a "not so effective" one. :)

Regards
CK
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#5
thx! Heard Nikon D100 and D1x are good for IR, but not D60. Will try the A70...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom