a6000 + SEL1018 = Check that a lens is mounted. For unsupported lens, set "Release w/

TheSandman

Jan 25, 2015
Singapore
Hi Guys,

Need help, I have a new lens SEL1018 for my a6000. When I attach the LENs and powered it on I noticed the aperture is showing F-- (blinking) then when I took a shot it gives me a message

Check that a lens is mounted. For unsupported lens, set "Release w/o Lens" in the menu to "Enable"

I know SEL1018 should be compatible with a6000, but is there any specific settings for this lens? is it mandatory to enable "Release w/o Lens" ??

Thanks in advance

Just to be sure... Check your contact pins on the lens and make sure that it's clean. If it's dirty, then the communication may be broken between the lens and the body.

Just to be sure... Check your contact pins on the lens and make sure that it's clean. If it's dirty, then the communication may be broken between the lens and the body.

Thanks SkyStrike, went back to the store, found out the Lens are faulty. luckily they replaced it the same day =)

Thanks SkyStrike, went back to the store, found out the Lens are faulty. luckily they replaced it the same day =)

Ah, I see. For me, it's quite rare to see a faulty lens right out of the box. Great that it's resolved :)