iczazache

Mar 11, 2010
North
www.flickr.com
Hi I was wondering which DSLR to get...

A550/D5000/450D/500D?

Please advice

Thank you:D

Screw the 450D. One fella kenna one times good one for sticking to 450D, in the end settling for 500D. LOL.
I newbie here but i think I can advise you on staying away from the 450D since 550D is already out. Aim for 500D :)

Where's the love for pentax and/or olympus!? :nono:

Last edited:
Well what would you recommend for pentax or olympus??? My budget is rather tight for the moment. >2000?

For more than 2000 you can look at higher end models already. Unless your statement should read "<2000"...?

A550/D5000/450D/500D?
Please advice

I am wondering how many more of these threads are necessary, how many times people need to give the same advices before these threads becomes obvious enough in the thread list. Please do yourself a favour and read through existing similar threads, read reviews, make up your mind and - make your own decision. After all, it's your money.

Im gonna get a KX soon and i did research on the Pentax Cameras. if I had your budget I would get the K7 :D Weather sealing will be good for taking pictures in nature parks where there is a high chance of dirt and grime. can rinse :) Thing I like about Pentax is the use of AA batteries, can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. If you travel often, I can only think of it as a good thing cos you'll be able to purchase batteries if yours run out of juice. Never held Pentax camera before though sadly cos, not many places allow you to demo.

Tried my hands on the Olympus E-620 today. My friend has one as well. The best thing about the camera I can think off hand is the swivel live-view LCD screen. Real handy when you need to take shots that you cant see from the VF. Grip too skinny for my liking though.

A550/D5000/450D/500D?

Please advice

Thank you:D
Firstly, welcome to Clubsnap.

It really is impossible to give you an answer to such a question.
If I replace "A550/D5000/450D/500D" with "Vios/Wish/Civic/Sylphy", you wouldn't be able to say with any certainty "_____ is the one to get. It's much better than the rest".

It's also not true that you should overlook the 450D just because the 550D is out. My friend recently got a good deal for a 450D (since its an old model), and he's been taking wonderful photos...

Sad to say, if you're really clueless about which to get, just get one which fits your budget and feels good to use in your hands.
I'd advise to get a 2nd hand model, so the financial loss is not so great if you realize you bought the wrong one, and which to change.
But buying 2nd hand cameras could be another "can of worms".

Well what would you recommend for pentax or olympus??? My budget is rather tight for the moment. <2000?

Well, pentax k-x and with the remaining money, a few good lenses

Screw the 450D. One fella kenna one times good one for sticking to 450D, in the end settling for 500D. LOL.
I newbie here but i think I can advise you on staying away from the 450D since 550D is already out. Aim for 500D :)

allo, whats wrong with 450D eh?

it actually depends on your needs. not necessary video functions is a must for everyone for example, at least for me. so to me 500 or 550 is of no use to me cos end of the day my aim is to go FF (5DMKII). So 450D is good enough. I rather spent more on a FF body then chase new models.

honestly, how often u take videos when u had a pns camera?

try sony A500 free batter grip .. if u dont want can sell for $200 at B&S ..

The Pentax Kx is a worthy consideration at your budget and in comparison to models you listed.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/
Its only ~$790 for camera body + kit.

Use the remaining money to the the lenses, dri-cabinet, tripod, etc.

Last edited:

That particular person "kenna" from others because he was asking if 450D is worth it at a certain price which is blatantly overpriced.

450D was and still is a good camera. Just that newer technology has surpassed it. But if you find one at a super low price, it is still very worth getting. I would.

The Pentax Kx is a worthy consideration at your budget and in comparison to models you listed.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/
Its only ~$790 for camera body.

Use the remaining money to the the lenses, dri-cabinet, tripod, etc.

I thought it is 790 for kit?.. or I may have been mistaken.