A50 f/1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever discontinue the 50/1.2?

It's rare but it's still on their current lenses line-up. Has been for years when I was chewing on getting it from eBay.

I've got one now. Stonking piece of glass. Even got an original RH-RA 52mm rubber lens hood for it from my last Japan trip.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. At f/1.2 the dof is so narrow that manual control is often necessary! Auto-focus, though useful as a feature in itself, would need to be fine-tuned manually for precise control if the lens was used wide open.

That said, I too wonder why Pentax does not come up with a FA/DA version for the f/1.2? Maybe their market research does not have too many takers for this large aperture lens?

Can search ebay for the A50 f/1.2 and see what price it command.
Depending on the situation of use, for prime, I prefer MF to AF.

BTW, I'm glad that such lenses are still in circulation, wonder if A*85 will be produced in vietnam?

This lens has been available new all these years. If some seller says it's discontinued, it's just an excuse for selling it at a much higher price :)

im wondering if it will get too soft wide open

This lens has been available new all these years. If some seller says it's discontinued, it's just an excuse for selling it at a much higher price :)

that's sad, I think maybe demand is there but not too many people ask about it. that's why it it have very high price standard. BTW, the silver coloured one is really tasty, it's limited'ish with the green dot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.