A40 users: The AIAF and AF-assist beam

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lighter

Hi everyone,

Like to know whats the appropriate use for the AIAF and AF-assist beam in the A40. What condition is it useful for and when should i use or dont use either one of them.

Let me have a try at this... :p

Don't use AIAF if you have a particular subject to focus upon. With AIAF on, the LCD screen will show 3 "boxes", and the camera will decide which "box(es)" to be chosen and focused upon. However, with AIAF off, you will only see the central "box", and you can use that "box" to decide yourself which subject to be focused on.

AF-assist beam helps the camera to focus. However, if you want to take a shot discreetly without frightening your subject away (eg. taking shots of animals at night), it's better to turn the beam off.

Originally posted by lighter
Hi everyone,

Like to know whats the appropriate use for the AIAF and AF-assist beam in the A40. What condition is it useful for and when should i use or dont use either one of them.

AF-assist beam will be useful for focusing at low light conditions.

AIAF standing for?..

AF standing for?

I have an A40 myself. I dont use the AiAF, maybe only in Automode.With it on, it has 3 instead of 1 focusing point. It chooses the nearest and most contrasty object to focus on, which can be fustrating if u want to focus on other things. Turn it off and use the focus lock instead. The AF assist beam helps with the AF in low light. Keep it on, as A40 focuses like crap in anything but bright light. It refuses to focus in low contrast objects in low light. Its a pity, since its such a good camera.

Hi !
I am a canon s30 user and read about dpreview forum saying that AiAF is lousy.

I find that sometimes all 3 green boxes can be green at the same time when press shutter which means all 3 Areas Focused?a nice pic will be taken?

If 3 point AiAF is not working fine, any user care to comment on canon V3 " 9-Point AiAF " ???

If it only one box is green when press shutter , what happens if its taken with the upper most corner box...the pic will go haywire liaoz.... ???

Think the Auto Tracking in Minolta is equally bad huh?
Any Minolta F100 care to comment?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.