A4 size photo, how big is it in pixels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmc17479 said:
can anyone help me out here? what size/ratio is it?

A4 should be ard 8x12in. Depends on what resoulution you want. If 300dpi, then (8x300) x (12x300) = 2400 x 3600?

Hi Coke21. What about 4R? Does this formula applies to 4R too. If it is not then could you please advise. I have been having trouble getting my 4R prints. It would crop a little. Thanks.

Anybody's comments is most welcomed.

jbma said:
Hi Coke21. What about 4R? Does this formula applies to 4R too. If it is not then could you please advise. I have been having trouble getting my 4R prints. It would crop a little. Thanks.

Anybody's comments is most welcomed.

4R is a 4x6 ratio. If you crop according to that, your pics should come out okay. the formula is the same. for 300 dpi (4x300) x (6x300) = 1200x1800

Hi,
From what i know, digicams have either an aspect ratio of 4:3 or 3:2.
What this means that the 4:3 ratio size will give you an image that is slightly longer (on one side) than the normal print sizes. So, if your camera is on 4:3 aspect ratio, and you would like to print that image straight out to a 4R or 8R size, your print will be cropped. For example, a 4R print dimension is 4"x6". But a 4:3 ratio image translates to 4.5"x6" - meaning you'll get half an inch cropped off.

Usually, what you can do is go to Photoshop and do your own cropping before you send it to the printer.

More details on sensor sizes, aspect ratio can be found here: http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glossary/Camera_System/Sensor_Sizes_01.htm

-WK

can't we just send everything to the printer? i nvr print digital before...

different destination has different aspect ratio (shape) so a DSLR output simply printed on A4 with the "stretch" option turned on will render your picture horribly out of shape because DSLR has 1.5 aspect ratio whereas A4 (in fact all the A-series papers) has 1.414 shape.

Same as your regular TV vs. wide-screen.

Open a new canvas in photoshop, set size to 12" x 8" and the dpi you want (I set 300) after that click ok, go to Image->Size and change the measurements to pixels, you'll see it.

Note: The above is for lazy people like me. :bsmilie:

espn, 12×8 is the DSLR frame shape, if you do that on A-series paper you will either get distortion (stretch mode) or uneven side borders.

If you need evenly sized borders you'd have to crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.