A200

Status
Not open for further replies.

stasystylez

Jun 23, 2008
hi guys ,

i got a budget of 1k and i'm looking into Sony A200K

initially was looking at D40 etc but was quite turn off by the AF-S lens thingy.

so decided to look around beside Nikon.

was looking at D80 second hand but most are still around 1.1-1.2k range.

i went to sony sub forum and didn't really saw any discussion about Sony A200k,

was was wondering if this is a good dslr for a starter like me?

and any pros and con i must take note?

thanks alot

1 more thing is i saw many online reviews either saying a200k uses compact flash?

how about memory pro duo stick?

Good choice bro. :thumbsup:

The Sony A200 is a very, very good cam if you do not need the live view and the price is fantastic. As for the memory card type he cam can take, it can take Compact Flash Type I / II / MicroDrive, Memory Stick Duo / MS Pro Duo and MS-PRO HG with optional adaptor.

Hope you will get yours and join the Alpha family soon. :)

actually is live view important?

i got an old compact camera which i always uses the live view , i might need to change how i take photograph since a200 doesn't have live view ,

viewfinder i guess should be the way i think

hi guys ,

i got a budget of 1k and i'm looking into Sony A200K

initially was looking at D40 etc but was quite turn off by the AF-S lens thingy.

so decided to look around beside Nikon.

was looking at D80 second hand but most are still around 1.1-1.2k range.

i went to sony sub forum and didn't really saw any discussion about Sony A200k,

was was wondering if this is a good dslr for a starter like me?

and any pros and con i must take note?

thanks alot

It's selling at $999 right?

yup yup

999~

very good price indeed :thumbsup:

actually is live view important?

i got an old compact camera which i always uses the live view , i might need to change how i take photograph since a200 doesn't have live view ,

viewfinder i guess should be the way i think

Well, I wouldn't say whether it's useful or not but rather your personal preferance & shooting style. For me, I have yet to appreciate live view at the moment. I still prefer shooting using the OVF.

I just bought an A200 recently. upgraded from my H7 compact. So far I am really enjoying my purchase. To me, a newbie coming from a compact, it's responsive and fast. I don't need professional cameras that take a gajillion shots per second. It's good enough for me to take pictures of my active kids and to learn all sorts of photography.

As for live view, just need to ask yourself if you are comfortable with sticking the camera to your face everytime you take a shot. Live view is useful for low angle or overhead shots. Actually I have also taken low angle pictures where I just put the camera near the ground and use agaration to compose. Anyway, I very seldom need to take pictures at this kind of angle.

The memory card slot is for CF cards. If you want to use memory stick, you need the adaptor. Also, I think you can get better price if you just ask some shops.

There's a lot of things for me to learn from this camera. If you decide on the A200, you can't go wrong. In fact I think buying other things like lenses and flash is of more concern. Body can upgrade when new models come out and you outgrow the A200. :D

hi guys i got 2 equote from 2 good shop that Clubsnap recommend.

CP - Sony A200K @S$841.00 ( excluded 7% GST ) so around it's 898 with GST

Free: 4 GB memory, case and spare battery NP-FM500H

MS - A200KB (with len 18-70, F3.5-5.6) ----$999(inc.gst) free> 2 pcs 4G CF card, sony case, extra 1 pcs of Sony original battery, 3 section tripod., lcd protector, > filter...digital work shop

is getting the 900 bucks one worth getting ?

Getting from MS Color is more worth it. The original battery alone alreday cost $99. With another piece of 4G CF and the Sony case, it's a very, very good buy.

Yeah. If you have no tripod or cf cards, then get the MS package will be better as starting kit. Or you can ask CP if they got similar offer.

e deal frm MS sounds gd.. does anyone know what is e brand of CF tat MS is offering in e package?

Status
Not open for further replies.