A1 vs F818

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a Sony showcase at Suntec next weekend. By invite only. Should be able to go try it out if you can get in.

yeah probably typo error :D

quite a few errors i seen there..

A1 is 2x digital same as F828, 2X not 14X, if not F828= 7x14=98X... world record breaking zoom. better than telescope...

& of course the F818,... mayb this is an old spec vs.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

A1 is 2x digital same as F828, 2X not 14X, if not F828= 7x14=98X... world record breaking zoom. better than telescope...

I think 14x means optical + digital.

Since the A1 is a 28-200mm (7x optical) + 2x digital.

Just like camera makers then to boast 40x zoom! (C-750UZ, 10x optical + 4x digital)

or Panasonic's FZ-10 (12x optical + 3x optical) = 36x

So to the unwise consumer the C-750UZ's 40X beats the shit out of Panasonic's FZ-10's 36X (sometimes they even stick stickers proclaiming loudly the "40X, biggest zoom" on the camera body to attract attention, in actual fact, it is the largest zoom FACTOR, and not necessarily means the furthest zoom)

But they are not aware, without the crappy digital zoom.
Olympus's C-750UZ is a 35-350mm f/2.8-3.7
Panasonic FZ-10 is a 35-420mm f/2.8 (constant)

ya, actually they should put both as 2x digital zoom & 7x optical zoom will do instead of smoking it by puting 2 different number on the specs comparison.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya, actually they should put both as 2x digital zoom & 7x optical zoom will do instead of smoking it by puting 2 different number on the specs comparison.
Ai ya, to the discerning buyer, zoom is zoom as long as it make the image bigger.

My 2MP casio OV-2900UX still has that "32X ZOOM" sticker stuck to it, my friends always say "Wow, 32x so high ah.."
I have to explain it's 8x optical and 4x digital.

Marketing tatics....

BTW, I recall in Computer Times, there is an ad for a 6.6MP camera for a very low price I think.
I was thinking "where got so cheap?"
It turns out it's a 3.3MP with 6.6MP interpolated.

I thought it was mis-leading to call it a 6.6MP camera, but the loophole is they never said the CCD was 6.6MP, by calling it a 6.6MP they only mean it produced 6.6MP results.

So buyers have to watch out for these marketing loopholes.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

haha, very gooz indeed. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.