A Warehouse, a Ducati and a few Japanese cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnpavement

May 31, 2008
www.vml.com.sg
Was a wet and rainy Sunday morning. Took shelter in this warehouse and came up with these, thought I'd share them with you.

Thanks for sharing my passion for cars and photography. Comments welcomed.

wmarv_small.jpg

wseb.jpg

wtoey.jpg

wconrad_duc.jpg

wdoug2_tallsmall.jpg

Good Job, Good Location :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

Personally I felt that only this shot the angle is too extreme, plus can see a little distraction of the other car and a little noisy. Else, I love the series ... My humble 5 cents.

wdougrear.jpg

Last edited:
Good Job, Good Location :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

Personally I felt that only this shot the angle is too extreme, plus can see a little distraction of the other car and a little noisy. Else, I love the series ... My humble 5 cents.

Noted, yup, noise level rather high... thanks!

This post is going to break another " click " record soon....many photo enthu may also like to take shelter in this warehouse...
I also like to take shelter in this warehouse.....Stamford Tyres or whereabout ? Open to public for sheltering during thunderstorm ?

Last edited:
This post is going to break another " click " record soon....many photo enthu may also like to take shelter in this warehouse...
I also like to take shelter in this warehouse.....Stamford Tyres or whereabout ? Open to public for sheltering during thunderstorm ?

Thank you...
It was in Tuas. Unfortunately it's not open to public - it was arranged by a friend in the group.

But I will be hunting for similar locations and will update this post if I find any. :)

yeah. i was a mod in shc during that time as well. great shots on your site. glad to see u doing it again.

Thanks man. Always nice to know people still remember ... :)
Those were the days huh, SHC was just starting while all your EGs and EKs ruled the roads ... ;)

Thanks man. Always nice to know people still remember ... :)
Those were the days huh, SHC was just starting while all your EGs and EKs ruled the roads ... ;)

i think u featured some of shc member's ride before as well. there's this guy called joel or something right from bp?

im surprised there are still EG6s on the road now. the EKs have mostly been scrapped. i think my EK9 is in honda heaven now. :bsmilie:

i think u featured some of shc member's ride before as well. there's this guy called joel or something right from bp?

im surprised there are still EG6s on the road now. the EKs have mostly been scrapped. i think my EK9 is in honda heaven now. :bsmilie:

Yup. That's me bro. :) EK9 rocks - Power to weight ratio :thumbsup:
Miss my EK4 too. Babysitting a friends FD2R now... ;)

One of the better car pictures I have seen here... I like the picture of the EVO9 and Ducatti, the rest are sub-par compared to this two.

May I ask, what type of rig are you using ? Or are these tracking shots ? :)

The EVO9 shots can easily be published in UK magazines, which have exceptional photography.

I can see your influence from UK magazines, as opposed to Asian styles.

Last edited:
One of the better car pictures I have seen here... I like the picture of the EVO9 and Ducatti, the rest are sub-par compared to this two.

May I ask, what type of rig are you using ? Or are these tracking shots ? :)

The EVO9 shots can easily be published in UK magazines, which have exceptional photography.

I can see your influence from UK magazines, as opposed to Asian styles.

Much appreciated!
I'm using a rig made up of manfrotto suction pads and an aluminum rod to hold the camera about 2m away. I can either drive the car or walk with the car and fire via remote. :)

Indeed, my style is more UK/American influenced. But I'm trying a bit of flash usage for a more in-your-face feel. Eventually, I hope to form my own style. :)

Thanks again for your kind comments.

oh yes, I suggest go less crazy with the more blur if your intention is towards uk car photography. Usually the background is not a sea of blur.

I wish I have some manfrottos too!

Usually rigs are the most guarded secret of a car photographer, I'm surprised u let me into it.

i love the blue evo ix. sexy car and ur first photo definitely does it justice.

the celica and impreza are nice as well!

oh yes, I suggest go less crazy with the more blur if your intention is towards uk car photography. Usually the background is not a sea of blur.

I wish I have some manfrottos too!

Usually rigs are the most guarded secret of a car photographer, I'm surprised u let me into it.

The sea of blur with contrasty saturated colours is very US-West-Coast-Customs. Along with the factory setting - the Americans have a fetish with industrial backdrops, factories, harbours, etc. ... :cool:

Rigs not really a secret anymore bro... can find it on the net if you look hard enough. But my setup is a combination of a few contraptions which I mix and match depending on the angle needed. :bsmilie:
I'll go one step further and show you all a pic of last Sunday's shoot ... :)

rig.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.