A walk in the City with my new toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels

Nov 17, 2002
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
Hi all,

Went for a photo shooting walk with fellow CS member Xaer around the Esplanade area yesterday.
Here are some shots with my D70.
Comments appreciated.

Fullerton Waterfront or something ....
DSC_0575.jpg

Good old Merlion
DSC_0608.jpg

Under the bridge. Thanks to Xaer for spotting this view ....
DSC_0635.jpg

Moving clouds .... but Supreme Court just have to overexpose :( ...
DSC_0658.jpg

Thanks for viewing.... :)

I like the shot below the bridge. Excellent.

Nice photos you have there. I guess I did the first bridge shoot near esplanade a year ago (correct me if you can find an earlier rendition of the bridge shoot in Clubsnap). After that a lot of similar bridge shoot was spotted in Clubsnap. :)

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=34809

To improve your bridge shoot, try using a wide angle lens. It helps in the perspective. My 2cents. :)

wheels said:
Hi all,

Went for a photo shooting walk with fellow CS member Xaer around the Esplanade area yesterday.
Here are some shots with my D70.
Comments appreciated.

Fullerton Waterfront or something ....
DSC_0575.jpg

Good old Merlion
DSC_0608.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

Moving clouds .... but Supreme Court just have to overexpose :( ...
DSC_0658.jpg

Thanks for viewing.... :)

Great shots all! Love the pic under the bridge. Almost looks like something out of computer graphics. :thumbsup:

the last pic could have use nd filter so that supreme court wouldn't be overexposed?

Thanks selamatlzh, crazypaladin, kylelam77 and akane for your kind comments. :) Appreciate it.

akane, just to clear my thoughts... using ND filter is almost equivilent to 2-4 extra f-stop? Or would the effect be different? :)

Helo bro!

Well done man! It is a wonder to see the different creations that can be made from a same scenery....

...Just like wine... all from grapes, but some taste better than others... for some reason. - I like the bridge shot you made!

Cheers!

wheels said:
DSC_0635.jpg

I definitely like this shot... good composition, nice symmetry. I just wonder if it would make an even stronger composition if you reduced the foreground water coverage and had more of the bridge on top... plus getting the image exactly centred by shifting the camera a touch to the left. Just being picky here but this is still a very good capture.

hmm...saw quite a number of shots under the bridge...heh..maybe gonna start a new thread to ask ppl all taking the same perspective to post their version...heh...will be interesting...I myself have taken from the same perspective...heh...

SzennyBoy said:
I definitely like this shot... good composition, nice symmetry. I just wonder if it would make an even stronger composition if you reduced the foreground water coverage and had more of the bridge on top... plus getting the image exactly centred by shifting the camera a touch to the left. Just being picky here but this is still a very good capture.

pardon me, but in my opinion, the proportion of water is rather good, giving a good balance to the bridge.

also, I like the reflections of the spot lighting on the walls of the bridge columns, gives a very nice effect.

Thanks SzennyBoy and D2Hpeter for the pointers and comments. Appreciate it.

I tried centering the picture properly but somehow at that moment, it was the best I could do. As for reducing the foreground water coverage and had more of the bridge on top.... I could give it a try since I cropped abit of both from the original so as I could print it out on a 8"x6" :)

:)

xaer said:
Helo bro!

Well done man! It is a wonder to see the different creations that can be made from a same scenery....

...Just like wine... all from grapes, but some taste better than others... for some reason. - I like the bridge shot you made!

Cheers!

Thanks bro for your nice comments.

I think the beauty of photography is having many viewpoints and variations of a subject which results in its beauty or ugliness ... and this is rather subjective from person to person. But I'm glad you like my version. Thanks man.... :thumbsup:

Nice shots you have there... but I still like Crazypaladin's version. Somehow, in his shot, if you observe, you can see the details of the shadows, coupled with blue sky (meaning it's captured just before the sun sets completely into oblivion) and not to mention the light spot on the slight left to the centre adds to the mood of an evening under the bridge.

Great piece of work! Btw is there any photo edited on the "Under the Bridge"? Is the actual floor so smooth? :confused: :(

aldray said:
Great piece of work! Btw is there any photo edited on the "Under the Bridge"? Is the actual floor so smooth? :confused: :(

Thanks.

hi ... that is no floor ... that the sea bed ..... I used a long exposure to smoothen out the waves.

Glad you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.