A Walk along Singapore Seaside & A Message to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaer

May 6, 2004
www.photonski.com
Hi... I just wish to share some shots that I took this evening when I was walking along one of our coastlines.

It saddens me to see people still throwing rubbish into our sea despite the no. of dustbins we have within our reach.... While I was taking some shots, a couple directly above me flipped 3 BIG plastic bags of rubbish into the sea and left it floating there... I simply cannot understand such inconsiderate gestures.... :( As a scuba diver, I can share with you that there is a very beatiful world that exist below sea level, and this world deserve our little effort and considerations to keep them alive, in return they will keep us alive, by producing us food.

1. A pier with some graphic modification.
40804Scenery5.jpg

2. A Ship Unloading...
40804Scenery4.jpg

40804Scenery1.jpg

4. ...another angle
40804Scenery2.jpg

5. This guy flew to my foot, so I thought it deserves a shot...
40804Insect6.jpg

Cheers.

wonderful shots bro...... like all of them.....

can't agree with u more..... this world of ours is beautiful & unique,
let's just cherish her......

stay cool :cool: & focus :bigeyes:

nice colors and sharp photos.. like them all.. ;) but the 3rd pic sands seems to be weird.. is it PS effect?

I think the 3rd pic's bottom right corner makes me a little dizzy..

The others are just simply great..

Bro, ur photos are superior !!!
I like them all. :thumbsup:

Sad to say, all your sh*t goes into the sea too.
My guess is, as long as it's not visible, no one will say anything? :think:

kuaii said:
wonderful shots bro...... like all of them.....

can't agree with u more..... this world of ours is beautiful & unique,
let's just cherish her......

stay cool :cool: & focus :bigeyes:

Thnx... look forward to shooting with you again.

tokrot said:
nice colors and sharp photos.. like them all.. ;) but the 3rd pic sands seems to be weird.. is it PS effect?
czamzami said:
I think the 3rd pic's bottom right corner makes me a little dizzy..

The others are just simply great..

Thx. Sorry about picture 3 making you dizzy... yes, PS waork was done to achieve that effect...maybe not so good idea huh? :dunno:

Oginal said:
Bro, ur photos are superior !!!
I like them all. :thumbsup:
Yo Bro....thx man! Stay cool!

AReality said:
Sad to say, all your sh*t goes into the sea too.
My guess is, as long as it's not visible, no one will say anything? :think:

Sad to agree with you, but on the contrary, that only happens to 3rd world countries and Kampongs which are very far away from cities... besides Sh*t to the best of my knowledge is BIOdegradable?... but certainly not plastics, where certain species of fishes may consume it thinking that they are jellyfish (and die), or they may trap other life forms in it, which will die too.... :nono:

In Developed nation like ours, our sh*t are processed into many other things such as fertilizers, methane gas for our power plants (I think)... and only the clean residues are probably disposed harmlessly into the sea. I hope that is good enough a knowledge not to treat our sea like a dumping area....

You should have told the couple: "I hope one day your kids will pick those up and put them in a proper place." I can't stand such inconsiderate people either. They think they own the world and can do whatever they want. What will stop them? Education might help. But I think if cameras were placed everywhere and took shots of people such as them would be a deterrent. Real sad. Anyone who takes a picture of our shores, please remember you have these people to 'thank' for when you have to edit out the floating rubbish in your photos. :cry:

Wilson, your pics are nice but be more sparing on the USM. Even the 'bokeh' objects are sharpened! :bsmilie:

Newman said:
You should have told the couple: "I hope one day your kids will pick those up and put them in a proper place." I can't stand such inconsiderate people either. They think they own the world and can do whatever they want. What will stop them? Education might help. But I think if cameras were placed everywhere and took shots of people such as them would be a deterrent. Real sad. Anyone who takes a picture of our shores, please remember you have these people to 'thank' for when you have to edit out the floating rubbish in your photos. :cry:

Wilson, your pics are nice but be more sparing on the USM. Even the boken objects are sharpened! :bsmilie:

Haha... Thx for your opinion about the USM. Thinking about what you have said... I decided to post this shot for the couple's kid to edit floating rubbish (if they ever get interested in Photography) which were left off by their parents... My only regret is that I did not shoot the couple's faces for their rememberance...

This was not an UNintentional shot... I actually meant to make a proper composition of this scene...
40804Scenery6.jpg

6. There is Life at Stake Here
40804Scenery7.jpg

xaer said:
Sad to agree with you, but on the contrary, that only happens to 3rd world countries and Kampongs which are very far away from cities... besides Sh*t to the best of my knowledge is BIOdegradable?... but certainly not plastics, where certain species of fishes may consume it thinking that they are jellyfish (and die), or they may trap other life forms in it, which will die too.... :nono:

In Developed nation like ours, our sh*t are processed into many other things such as fertilizers, methane gas for our power plants (I think)... and only the clean residues are probably disposed harmlessly into the sea. I hope that is good enough a knowledge not to treat our sea like a dumping area....

Ahhh...
Learnt something new today...
There's always something to learn everyday...
You're never too old to start.

I would have done something about it! Even if it means a confrontation or calling the authorities (like I'd do if I saw animal abuse). People like that need an education. And if no-one dares to confront them, they'll just keep doing it.

Do schools here teach environmental studies? (the ecosystem, recycling and taking care of the environment). That was drilled into us in Australia, I guess that's why I feel so passionate about it.

Ok, I'm going off the handle here... maybe this should go under "kopitiam"??? ;p

Great photos btw.

Very nice and simply Superd images :thumbsup:

Like no 1, 2, 3 n 5 Best, each of the images delivers a very unique feel n mood ... outstanding.

If i may add, the images are far better than some of the professional stock images i find on the web :)

geoyip said:
Very nice and simply Superd images :thumbsup:

Like no 1, 2, 3 n 5 Best, each of the images delivers a very unique feel n mood ... outstanding.

If i may add, the images are far better than some of the professional stock images i find on the web :)

Hi geoyip...

wow...Thx-u for your gracious kudos! :) It is indeed inspirational to have appreciators like you.

Cheers buddy!

shortcake said:
I would have done something about it! Even if it means a confrontation or calling the authorities (like I'd do if I saw animal abuse). People like that need an education. And if no-one dares to confront them, they'll just keep doing it.

Do schools here teach environmental studies? (the ecosystem, recycling and taking care of the environment). That was drilled into us in Australia, I guess that's why I feel so passionate about it.

Ok, I'm going off the handle here... maybe this should go under "kopitiam"??? ;p

Great photos btw.

Yes... I guess u r right.

But schools here don't teah Environmental Issues I think. I think in terms of the Singapore context lies more in enforcement rather than education. In terms of our ENV, I think we are somewhat a little behind compared to USEPA, or even the Australian EPA... I think people who conduct such gestures are ignorant of the broader consequences...

The pictures are great. All of them made the cut!!

1) The color and tones are nice! Plus the grains(intentional) .... I like.

2) Quite there to put the message across.

3) Dun understand ... but nice DOF

4) Nice pic but need more rubbish to put the message across :D

5) Natural favourite. A winner here.

7) Good compo. :thumbsup: But thats a weed right? :D

Looks like you got quite a few entries here bro ...... way to go ...

Nice picture, is it taken from Changi beach?

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.