A Walk along Singapore Seaside & A Message to share


Status
Not open for further replies.

xaer

New Member
May 6, 2004
323
0
0
www.photonski.com
Hi... I just wish to share some shots that I took this evening when I was walking along one of our coastlines.

Message: Dear all,
It saddens me to see people still throwing rubbish into our sea despite the no. of dustbins we have within our reach.... While I was taking some shots, a couple directly above me flipped 3 BIG plastic bags of rubbish into the sea and left it floating there... I simply cannot understand such inconsiderate gestures.... :( As a scuba diver, I can share with you that there is a very beatiful world that exist below sea level, and this world deserve our little effort and considerations to keep them alive, in return they will keep us alive, by producing us food.

1. A pier with some graphic modification.


2. A Ship Unloading...


3.
 

xaer

New Member
May 6, 2004
323
0
0
www.photonski.com
4. ...another angle


5. This guy flew to my foot, so I thought it deserves a shot...


Cheers.
 

kuaii

New Member
Jun 25, 2004
13
0
0
wonderful shots bro...... like all of them.....

can't agree with u more..... this world of ours is beautiful & unique,
let's just cherish her......

stay cool :cool: & focus :bigeyes:
 

tokrot

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
1,344
0
0
nice colors and sharp photos.. like them all.. ;) but the 3rd pic sands seems to be weird.. is it PS effect?
 

czamzami

New Member
Mar 19, 2004
188
0
0
I think the 3rd pic's bottom right corner makes me a little dizzy..

The others are just simply great..
 

Oginal

New Member
Jun 2, 2004
153
0
0
Bro, ur photos are superior !!!
I like them all. :thumbsup:
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,468
0
36
VisualJournalist.net
Sad to say, all your sh*t goes into the sea too.
My guess is, as long as it's not visible, no one will say anything? :think:
 

xaer

New Member
May 6, 2004
323
0
0
www.photonski.com
kuaii said:
wonderful shots bro...... like all of them.....

can't agree with u more..... this world of ours is beautiful & unique,
let's just cherish her......

stay cool :cool: & focus :bigeyes:
Thnx... look forward to shooting with you again.

tokrot said:
nice colors and sharp photos.. like them all.. ;) but the 3rd pic sands seems to be weird.. is it PS effect?
czamzami said:
I think the 3rd pic's bottom right corner makes me a little dizzy..

The others are just simply great..
Thx. Sorry about picture 3 making you dizzy... yes, PS waork was done to achieve that effect...maybe not so good idea huh? :dunno:

Oginal said:
Bro, ur photos are superior !!!
I like them all. :thumbsup:
Yo Bro....thx man! Stay cool!
 

xaer

New Member
May 6, 2004
323
0
0
www.photonski.com
AReality said:
Sad to say, all your sh*t goes into the sea too.
My guess is, as long as it's not visible, no one will say anything? :think:
Sad to agree with you, but on the contrary, that only happens to 3rd world countries and Kampongs which are very far away from cities... besides Sh*t to the best of my knowledge is BIOdegradable?... but certainly not plastics, where certain species of fishes may consume it thinking that they are jellyfish (and die), or they may trap other life forms in it, which will die too.... :nono:

In Developed nation like ours, our sh*t are processed into many other things such as fertilizers, methane gas for our power plants (I think)... and only the clean residues are probably disposed harmlessly into the sea. I hope that is good enough a knowledge not to treat our sea like a dumping area....
 

Newman

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2003
943
0
16
TBC
You should have told the couple: "I hope one day your kids will pick those up and put them in a proper place." I can't stand such inconsiderate people either. They think they own the world and can do whatever they want. What will stop them? Education might help. But I think if cameras were placed everywhere and took shots of people such as them would be a deterrent. Real sad. Anyone who takes a picture of our shores, please remember you have these people to 'thank' for when you have to edit out the floating rubbish in your photos. :cry:

Wilson, your pics are nice but be more sparing on the USM. Even the 'bokeh' objects are sharpened! :bsmilie:
 

xaer

New Member
May 6, 2004
323
0
0
www.photonski.com
Newman said:
You should have told the couple: "I hope one day your kids will pick those up and put them in a proper place." I can't stand such inconsiderate people either. They think they own the world and can do whatever they want. What will stop them? Education might help. But I think if cameras were placed everywhere and took shots of people such as them would be a deterrent. Real sad. Anyone who takes a picture of our shores, please remember you have these people to 'thank' for when you have to edit out the floating rubbish in your photos. :cry:

Wilson, your pics are nice but be more sparing on the USM. Even the boken objects are sharpened! :bsmilie:
Haha... Thx for your opinion about the USM. Thinking about what you have said... I decided to post this shot for the couple's kid to edit floating rubbish (if they ever get interested in Photography) which were left off by their parents... My only regret is that I did not shoot the couple's faces for their rememberance...

This was not an UNintentional shot... I actually meant to make a proper composition of this scene...


6. There is Life at Stake Here
 

AReality

Senior Member
Jun 9, 2003
4,468
0
36
VisualJournalist.net
xaer said:
Sad to agree with you, but on the contrary, that only happens to 3rd world countries and Kampongs which are very far away from cities... besides Sh*t to the best of my knowledge is BIOdegradable?... but certainly not plastics, where certain species of fishes may consume it thinking that they are jellyfish (and die), or they may trap other life forms in it, which will die too.... :nono:

In Developed nation like ours, our sh*t are processed into many other things such as fertilizers, methane gas for our power plants (I think)... and only the clean residues are probably disposed harmlessly into the sea. I hope that is good enough a knowledge not to treat our sea like a dumping area....
Ahhh...
Learnt something new today...
There's always something to learn everyday...
You're never too old to start.
 

shortcake

New Member
Jul 16, 2004
68
0
0
The Western Frontiers
I would have done something about it! Even if it means a confrontation or calling the authorities (like I'd do if I saw animal abuse). People like that need an education. And if no-one dares to confront them, they'll just keep doing it.

Do schools here teach environmental studies? (the ecosystem, recycling and taking care of the environment). That was drilled into us in Australia, I guess that's why I feel so passionate about it.

Ok, I'm going off the handle here... maybe this should go under "kopitiam"??? ;p

Great photos btw.
 

geoyip

New Member
Mar 29, 2004
977
0
0
www.activemediastudio.com
Very nice and simply Superd images :thumbsup:

Like no 1, 2, 3 n 5 Best, each of the images delivers a very unique feel n mood ... outstanding.

If i may add, the images are far better than some of the professional stock images i find on the web :)
 

xaer

New Member
May 6, 2004
323
0
0
www.photonski.com
geoyip said:
Very nice and simply Superd images :thumbsup:

Like no 1, 2, 3 n 5 Best, each of the images delivers a very unique feel n mood ... outstanding.

If i may add, the images are far better than some of the professional stock images i find on the web :)
Hi geoyip...

wow...Thx-u for your gracious kudos! :) It is indeed inspirational to have appreciators like you.

Cheers buddy!
 

xaer

New Member
May 6, 2004
323
0
0
www.photonski.com
shortcake said:
I would have done something about it! Even if it means a confrontation or calling the authorities (like I'd do if I saw animal abuse). People like that need an education. And if no-one dares to confront them, they'll just keep doing it.

Do schools here teach environmental studies? (the ecosystem, recycling and taking care of the environment). That was drilled into us in Australia, I guess that's why I feel so passionate about it.

Ok, I'm going off the handle here... maybe this should go under "kopitiam"??? ;p

Great photos btw.
Yes... I guess u r right.

But schools here don't teah Environmental Issues I think. I think in terms of the Singapore context lies more in enforcement rather than education. In terms of our ENV, I think we are somewhat a little behind compared to USEPA, or even the Australian EPA... I think people who conduct such gestures are ignorant of the broader consequences...
 

wheels

Senior Member
Nov 17, 2002
1,065
1
38
47
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
The pictures are great. All of them made the cut!!

1) The color and tones are nice! Plus the grains(intentional) .... I like.

2) Quite there to put the message across.

3) Dun understand ... but nice DOF

4) Nice pic but need more rubbish to put the message across :D

5) Natural favourite. A winner here.

7) Good compo. :thumbsup: But thats a weed right? :D


Looks like you got quite a few entries here bro ...... way to go ...
 

alftan

New Member
Aug 10, 2004
210
0
0
Nice picture, is it taken from Changi beach?

:thumbsup:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.