A walk across the path; another season of dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwenz

May 2, 2006
Singapore
A walk across the path; another season of dawn

changiBW_re_clouds-1.jpg

Just needing someone to comment and tell of the "should nots" of this shot.
The more the critiques, the better.=)

Clean the dust spots.level the photo.
Blue the sky.
And you might wanna enhance the rays by abit more.

The title dosent really suit....

Is this really sunrise?or is it sunset?

sorry i don't get what your picture is trying to say.

r u just trying to capture the rays?

or r u trying to capture the moment when it is dawn? if so it would be more meaningful if the picture was taken earlier i.e. when the sun is rising and on the horizon.

The piece of thingy jutting out of the hut seems to capture my attention more than the sun. You may want to enhance the blue a wee bit. And the title does not really show it is dawn. Sun is not so high at dawn is it? Or is it just a figure of speech ;p

But i like the light rays bursting out of the clouds effect.

Clean the dust spots.level the photo.
Blue the sky.
And you might wanna enhance the rays by abit more.

The title dosent really suit....

Is this really sunrise?or is it sunset?

The location looks like Changi Boardwalk. From this location, can only see sunset, not sunrise ;)

Nice scene.

How can u improve?
Perhaps take a lower POV and close up on the empty space in the top left corner.

Just my thoughts...hope this helps :)

Hi Jwenz,

For some reason, I felt taking in the little shelter area on the right kind of diluted the impact you were aiming to deliver.

Season of Dawn, a walk across the path, these are powerful messages. I'm just guessing here, but I suspect a tighter framing of the shot could've delivered these messages stronger.

Imagine, framing vertically instead, with just the walkway with the sun (behind the cloud) at the top right of the frame, which basically cuts off the shelter and the "extra" cloud on the top right altogether. Try it out, and let us know how it works out.

Cheers,
GB

don't really understand what 'season of dawn' means.

i feel the hut that's lacking in details is putting alot of visual weight on the right side of the picture. however, because of the anti-clockwise tilt of the horizon (not sure if it's intentional) visually a path is made towards the left, thus balancing the composition. it'll be good to exclude the shadow of some object at the bottom right edge of the frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.