www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

A trio of musicians

First, the pianist.....

CRW_2349L_bw.jpg

CRW_2343L.jpg

....the violinist.....

CRW_2350L.jpg

and the flute player.....(almost typed 'flutist' ;p )
CRW_2352L.jpg

(first 2 shots with Sigma 20 f1.8, the rest with 50 f1.4)

i like the first pic best

gives a very much of a "photo journalism" feel. excellent. b/w does the job.

I think the abstract of the pianist has bags of promise, perhaps cropping in even tighter!

The environmental shots seems to be missing something. The out of focus bits are still too discernable. The abstact has promise but again it seems to have stall some where between concept and excution. I cannot quite put my finger on the problem but what comes across is that without the caption and tittle there is no straight obvious link bewteen the images. However since this whole visual experience thing is personal - there are shots which I know I will never be able to appreciate and vice versa.

Originally posted by ellery
The environmental shots seems to be missing something. The out of focus bits are still too discernable. The abstact has promise but again it seems to have stall some where between concept and excution. I cannot quite put my finger on the problem but what comes across is that without the caption and tittle there is no straight obvious link bewteen the images. However since this whole visual experience thing is personal - there are shots which I know I will never be able to appreciate and vice versa.

Hi

thanks for your comments. actually though i put it in a story form, i did not meant for the photos to be linked together to be viewed.

i would of course like the photos to be able to stand on their own if viewed individually :)

erm...juz to ask...do u all take these type of indoor shots using flash...cause i went there 2day took some shots of them playing....but this time it's 3 casuasians playing at nite.....didnt know wat to do ...use flash den attract pple's attention....no flash looks beri dark leh? how?

Status
Not open for further replies.