A tribute to Mr Chiam See Tong

sinned79

Jun 18, 2009
Singapore
www.dennislee.co
Note: This is a well wisher thread for Mr Chiam See Tong, I think he deserves some recognition on Clubsnap for the good things he done for Potong Pasir. Please dun turn this into a politics bashing thread. Strictly no discussion on GE 2011 or politics.

[youtube]oX5lxAUci-A[/youtube]

Please share this video as you deem fit!

I am not a PP resident but I salute Mr Chiam See Tong for his dedication, efforts and commitment in his years at PP amidst all the inconveniences and problems that he had faced. Its his attitude and perservance mentality that we should emulate and learn.

Wish him all the best of health and perhaps enjoy his retirement days with his family and friends.

He has no airs. Have seen him long ago (when he was well, before the 2 strokes) at Potong Pasir coffeeshop talking to the residents long ago. He has done enough. There are many tributes to him on Youtube.

"I am actually not a brave man.
But I love Singapore.
I love Singaporeans"
Chiam See Tong at Rally, GE7May2011

Mr. Chiam has inspired a new generation of leaders who dedicate their lives to serve the people selflessly without high offices and without high rewards.

Mr. Chiam will always live in the hearts of the people he has served so long.

He didn't lose in the defeat. It's Singapore who loses a good and decent man.

Last edited:
Mr. Chiam has inspired a new generation of leaders who dedicate their lives to serve the people selflessly without high offices and without high rewards.

:embrass: ... Certainly true... sion got ink...:thumbsup:

A consummate leader that inspires through his actions.
You will always have a fan in me, Mr. Chiam, sir!

To whoever that made this video, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Sion,

this is the first time i saw you talking seriously and I agreed with you 100% , especially "He didn't lose in the defeat. It's Singapore who loses a good and decent man."

I feel quite sad that so many good hearted people who can benefit the society cannot help us this time.

I hope that Mr Chiam's health will be better and be prepared for the next GE.

I hope that Mr Chiam's health will be better and be prepared for the next GE.

Actually I hope he enjoyed the better years of his life. :) Nothing against him but I feel that health is more important at this stage, he had done enough. Deserve a good break!

Hi Sion,

this is the first time i saw you talking seriously and I agreed with you 100% , especially "He didn't lose in the defeat. It's Singapore who loses a good and decent man."

I feel quite sad that so many good hearted people who can benefit the society cannot help us this time.

same, first time reading something serious from Uncle Sion..

I'm not a Singaporean but i studied at SAJC at Potong Pasir, and before that, Mr Chiam came to my sec school for a talk, and he was quite impressive.. Everyday, i always passed the banner outside PP MRT with a photo of him.. I guess the numerous tributes made for him even convinced me more that he is indeed one great respected man..

I agree with Sion, he lost a little, but we lost more..