A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy99

Feb 11, 2008
Did a series on fruits. Will like to hear all critique on composition and lighting control .Hope these pic work to you.

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

4a-1.jpg

5a-1.jpg

7a.jpg

8a-1.jpg

10a.jpg

11a-1.jpg

12a-1.jpg

13a.jpg

14a.jpg

15a.jpg

Thanks for viewing.
I am ready , critique please;)

very nice!!! i like the grapes + lime. the ones with the wine opener do not work for me though. but very nice overall.

Hi I think it's rather well executed except for maybe the theme. Technical wise i have no complaints.

6-10 nicely done. love the play on shadows

2 is good, 5 has potential but what are you trying to show with the wine opener?

for number 1, i would have preferred the entire reflection captured as well.

Thanks ppl for the critique;)

6 to 10 are something different from the rest as i took the pic with a DIY grid snoot..the rest are mostly DIY shoot throught umbrella on the camera right and a styloform to fill the subject on the camera left to get a soft lighting

anymore critique??:)

hope u dun mind me saying some stuff.

wrt technically, do watch the hotspots on the fruits. some of them have it like pic 6 n 9. i am assuming you are only using a light source for all of the shots.

whats your intention more to the abstract genre or more on creative product photography?

flipfreak.. of course i dun mind your advice;) . .. i delighted to have as many as possible to improve my shot

for this seris i am more into creative product photography.

For the hot spot it is actually cause by the diy snoot grid that i have on my sb600, which is the only light sourse for this series.

Any suggestion on how can i redure these hot spot ??:)

slaam . thanks ...i try to explain through word hope it is ok .

Fruit are place on top of a black table with clear plastic sheet (my dining table :)) that y you see the reflection . Al shot taken with D80 and kit lens .

1 to 5 and 11 is done with sb 600 shoot through umbrella on camera right with a styroform board on camera left and top as a fill light , at 1/200 or 1/160 at high f/stop you can check the pic exif (soory cannot remember )

the rest of the pic setting is the same except that i use a diy straw grid to control the spill of light .

http://lightingmods.blogspot.com/2007/06/diy-black-straws-snoot-grid-part-1.html

hope the above is clear ;)

flipfreak.. of course i dun mind your advice;) . .. i delighted to have as many as possible to improve my shot

for this seris i am more into creative product photography.

For the hot spot it is actually cause by the diy snoot grid that i have on my sb600, which is the only light sourse for this series.

Any suggestion on how can i redure these hot spot ??:)

i am not sure how the hotspot came abt. could be because of the power, could be because the flash head was zoomed. if u using a grid, it shld not be as harsh as a snoot. esp a straw grid.

try moving the light further away from the item.

u might want to work on your cropping and composition. try using more of the same fruits instead of different one to get a more cohesive feel. thats how i would do it.

ok ... will take note during my next attempt;)

Status
Not open for further replies.