A (tongue-in-cheek) Jab At Sigma

Status
Not open for further replies.

calebk

Jul 25, 2006
Clementi
A one-liner if you will:

"In the absence of the EX finish, gaffer tape makes for an EXcellent substitute"

:bsmilie:

Of course, the EX finish should ideally be totally gone, if not the next time you remove the tape...that's it.

Actually, I've felt that the EX coating has a texture very close to gaffer tape.. So the subsitution won't hurt much. The numbering peeling off would be a bother though..

Samuel

i don't understand what you are saying here bro

care to explain? :(

i don't understand what you are saying here bro

care to explain? :(

he is saying the finishing of sigma lenses feels like gaffering tape and it is not durable as well. if applied on sigma lenses, the tape will remove the finishing when u take it off.

he is saying the finishing of sigma lenses feels like gaffering tape and it is not durable as well. if applied on sigma lenses, the tape will remove the finishing when u take it off.

oh. that bad meh, my 10-20 is holding up very well leh :dunno:

kena saltwater, kena mud before. luckily i don't plan to ever let it go, if not i won't say here. :bsmilie:

is about how u handle the lens lar
my 30mm, and 10-20 has been with me for long time liao also in fine condition :)
but true, i have seen quite a few flaky ones b4

is about how u handle the lens lar
my 30mm, and 10-20 has been with me for long time liao also in fine condition :)
but true, i have seen quite a few flaky ones b4

i'm wondering if it may have something to do with storage..

too low humidity - would that cause the problem? :dunno:

Or constant contact with corrosive body fluid?

Perhaps regular exposure to an environment of excessive perfume of XMMs? :D

those must be alien (or ah-lian :bsmilie:) body fluid, soo corrrosive arh! :bsmilie:

Hmm...my 10-20 is also holding up, but my 100-300's coating is pretty much gone.

Hmm...my 10-20 is also holding up, but my 100-300's coating is pretty much gone.

might be different treatment for different lenses, i guess.

i was searching on this last night because gnawing fears that i would have a naked bare looking plastic piece of thing soon made me do so, no such complaints about 10-20, but particular lenses in the sigma range were frequent examples.

might be different treatment for different lenses, i guess.

i was searching on this last night because gnawing fears that i would have a naked bare looking plastic piece of thing soon made me do so, no such complaints about 10-20, but particular lenses in the sigma range were frequent examples.

Oh, Sigma EX lenses are metal under the EX coating. It looks pretty cool at first. :bsmilie:

seriously, EX should be just ditched away... i totally dunno why sigma has the face to advertise the EX BIG BIG on their lenses. just like Nikon DX, its obviously inferior to full frame but Nikon advertise DX BIG BIG...

lol... i really wonder what are their marketing departments thinking..

seriously, EX should be just ditched away... i totally dunno why sigma has the face to advertise the EX BIG BIG on their lenses. just like Nikon DX, its obviously inferior to full frame but Nikon advertise DX BIG BIG...

lol... i really wonder what are their marketing departments thinking..

maybe it's clever marketing..

reverse psychology.. if they put EX and it's not EX compared to C/N offerings, then people will buy :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.