A tokina 80-200 f/2.8 vs sigma 70-200 f/2.8

Tokina vs. sigma

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
do remember the price difference between the nikon and the sigma.

is there a lot of difference in price between the 80-200 afd and sigma 70-200?

Last edited:
is there a lot of difference in price between the 80-200 afd and sigma 70-200?

AF 80-200mm f/2.8D ED - $1650 (John, Sep07 - ferrariGTR)
Tokina AT-X 828 (80-200) - $800 on ebay.sg?

No exact pricing on this lens, but I would assume that the Nikon sells for approx $1200 used and the Tokina around $700-800. So there is a significant difference, at least.

At any rate I should be receiving my Canon-mount Tokina AT-X 828 from my cousin fairly soon... I'll post test pictures once it arrives in Singapore via "Relative-Express" courier.

Last edited:
wat a go buddy...ur Tokina arrived yet? any pics to share with us?
cos i m also thinking of getting this lens. btw, wat price did u get it for? pm me if inconvenient :)

Tokina - Built wise I feel is better.

Dont like sigma coat peeling.

Tokina - Built wise I feel is better.

Dont like sigma coat peeling.

Sorry for side track a liitle bit. Is there anyway to solve the sigma coat peeling problem. If can, what's the price? Can gaffing solve this problem?

For example, Sigma lens with Gaffing and if the price is good. Then I will go for Sigma lens.

Sorry for side track a liitle bit. Is there anyway to solve the sigma coat peeling problem. If can, what's the price? Can gaffing solve this problem?

For example, Sigma lens with Gaffing and if the price is good. Then I will go for Sigma lens.

Not sure pal, guess you can do a search to find out. Gaffing works to a certain extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.