A tip on Being an Observant Photographer

Andrew Ng

Aug 14, 2007
West of Singapore
www.genone3.com
A tip on being a good photographer...

Dear Friends

It is of great importance to be observant in photography. Paying attention to the lights and shadows, the subtle movements and the changes around us can greatly impact the moment we click.

In medicine, acute observation may mean lives saved. Do read on to see how important being observant can be:

A lecturer teaching medicine was giving a classroom observation. He took out a jar of yellow liquid. "This," he explained, "is urine. To be a doctor, you have to be observant of color, smell, sight, and taste."

After saying so, he dipped his finger into the jar and put it into his mouth. His class watched in amazement, most in disgust. But being the good students that they were, the jar was passed, and one by one, they dipped their finger into the jar and put it into their mouths.

After the last student was done, the lecturer shook his head. "If any of you had been observant, you would have noticed that I put my second finger into the jar and my third finger into my mouth."

I apologies if you were expecting tips on being observant in shooting. Please get out of your bloody chair and start shooting instead. Cheers! :bsmilie:

*Why so serious...*

I was that lecturer & kriegsketten was my student :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :sweatsm:

:bsmilie: Really?!! In your dreams would I do that buddy! LOL

It would have been super gross if the doc used the SOLID kind of waste rather than the liquid type.... (*gross*) :confused:

Last edited:
:bsmilie: Really?!! In your dreams would I do that buddy! LOL

It would have been super gross if the doc used the SOLID kind of waste rather than the liquid type.... (*gross*) :confused:
Don't think the doc will take a sniff at it & put his second finger in. He'll just use a spoon & gobble it down thinking it was chocolate mousse....................b u r p :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Last edited:
A tip on being a good photographer...

Dear Friends

It is of great importance to be observant in photography. Paying attention to the lights and shadows, the subtle movements and the changes around us can greatly impact the moment we click.

In medicine, acute observation may mean lives saved. Do read on to see how important being observant can be:

A lecturer teaching medicine was giving a classroom observation. He took out a jar of yellow liquid. "This," he explained, "is urine. To be a doctor, you have to be observant of color, smell, sight, and taste."

After saying so, he dipped his finger into the jar and put it into his mouth. His class watched in amazement, most in disgust. But being the good students that they were, the jar was passed, and one by one, they dipped their finger into the jar and put it into their mouths.

After the last student was done, the lecturer shook his head. "If any of you had been observant, you would have noticed that I put my second finger into the jar and my third finger into my mouth."

I apologies if you were expecting tips on being observant in shooting. Please get out of your bloody chair and start shooting instead. Cheers! :bsmilie:

*Why so serious...*

old joke? the orignal one was he stuff it into the annus of a cadaver...

Don't think the doc will take a sniff at it & put his second finger in. He'll just use a spoon & gobble it down thinking it was chocolate mousse....................b u r p :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Erm...you spoke like you knew what was going to happen EXACTLY!

Oh yah!! You said you were that lecturer right?? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Erm...you spoke like you knew what was going to happen EXACTLY!

Oh yah!! You said you were that lecturer right?? :bsmilie::bsmilie:
I was the one with the urine. You didn't pay attention in class? :flame: