A test of concentration - Critique this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the winner has been declared, I think it is fair to reward the winner with some consolation, what say ? To encourage future response...:bsmilie:

Last edited:
as above brader wildcat :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Orh. And all the while I was trying to do the following.. no wonder fail :bsmilie:
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I am a beginner seeking comments on how to make a photo more impactful and compelling. I also want to improve in the composition of the picture.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
How should a photographer with his skills and a model with her curves and pretty face work together to create an image that says "POWWW!!!" ..... how can a competent photographer ENHANCE this situation ? (i.e. lets pretend that YOU are on location with this babe......)

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Outdoors cloudy day, rooftop , gold reflector applied

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think its (the image not the babe) a piece of shiet...... and the PERFECT material for newbies to bite into

Actually the only reason I'd do a critique here is coz I am still considerably a newbie and would generally not dish out advise otherwise unless newbie opinions wanted as per your thread. I'd like to compare for example the difference between my critique and that of a more experienced photog like nai meh (see what he can see that I couldn't, and perhaps with enough practise, I too can see what he can). I wanted to, and I quote, "to learn how to critique and avoid getting distracted by a pretty face in the image"

ajayselle1.jpg

is it my imagination but are her boobies (especially her left ones) smaller? :think:

thanks bro wildcat :)

now trying to figure out next week's 'Critique This' theme :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hmm ed, a decade and you're still making such fundamental mistakes ... such a shame :devil:

I am joking, this is an in-joke for the information of those scratching their head...

Last edited:
aw geee Ian....... u never stop busting my balls :bsmilie: :)

I'm like a deer ......... when i run into a set of headlights ,,,,,, I just freeze and am easily distracted :sweat:

My lousy photoshop skills on that pic included selective gaussian blur on the surrounding area and brighten on the face part to bring the focus in. I tried not to stare too much into the headlights, will lead to temporary blindness when driving. :embrass:

Hi,
nice shot... i hope you don't mind me editing the image... apparently there is no way I can adjust the skin tones sharpness with 72dpi on it (original image you posted is quite pixelized)... i tried to soften down the pixels on skin instead and crop the image (placing the model on the left and a bit background on the right)... and focus sharpness on her face to give some priority for the image... a little dodge on the hair for details... did also tried to edit the dropping bikini for you ^_^ by adjusting her curve

thanks

ajayselle1.jpg

just my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.