A Studio Learning Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

pointblankshots

Apr 2, 2004
Thought of letting you guys utilise my studio should you need space to work. Fully commercial studio, 03 X 1000 strobes, 02 X 1500 strobes, 04 X 500 strobes. About ten backdrops, pretty spacious about 1700 sq ft. Well, more than that, props and stuffs. My studio's smack in town. Boat quay...

For a fee of course, like SGD 300 for half day, and SGD 500 for a full day, including either myself, my partner or my assistant, whoever is free for the day. No restrictions as to how many photographers, so long you guys can figure out your own time slots... All of us are full time commercial photographers, we'll probably can guide professionally as you commence your shoot.

A Phase One system hook up on a Mamiya body will be set up to show you how high end digital photography works in the studio if time permits...

Hair/make-up & models can be arranged at an affordable rate. Should you guys doubt if we can guide you along, we'll show you our work and you'll decide from there. However, this is not a studio photography class.

Any takers?

UnseenShots said:
don't you think your price is on the high side?

I think pointblankshots mentioned that ".......like SGD 300 for half day, and SGD 500 for a full day, including either myself, my partner or my assistant, whoever is free for the day. No restrictions as to how many photographers"

So half day $300 divided by 6 photographers equal to $50. Right?

That's' right Sion... I'll guide the shoot should you guys experience problems, to the extend of not over-writing what your aim in utilising the studio would be. I don't believe in setting the lightings ready for you to use, but rather explain how to go about it... and let you set it up yourself.

Well, if there's takers, then I'll make the necessary arrangement for models & hair, make up etc... I wouldn't call it portrait photography if you guys use my studio, we'll do fashion photography. Fashion models are not what you see in the forum. They have edgier faces, rather more unique than plain jane.

What you need to do here is, once you guys have enough photographers who would wanna shoot, get a leader to do up the liason with me. I'll then get the requirements done up. Cost for models, hair/make up stays transparent as you guys pay them direct. Some may question why we're doing this. We're a group of commercial photographers full time, and seriously guys, it ain't for the money we're doing this as it ain't lucrative. It's simply for injecting a better sense of photography, in particularly the more serious group of photographers, into their lives. What my team & I can almost guarantee is that you guys will have a enriching & fruitful photography session...

hmmm....300 for the studio half a dae...model pay separately....hmmm.....

Witness said:
hmmm....300 for the studio half a day...model pay separately....hmmm.....

Alternatively, SGD100.00 per photographer, including model & hair/makeup. which works out to be the same? ain't it??? Those models in the forum, as far as concerned, if you want a pretty face, ya, fine, go ahead. Sorry, for fashion??? Nope... That's what I'm stressing. There's always a paying price to learn something, like paying for a better model to shoot...

You reap what you sow, that's a universal law...

okie...will monitor this thread and see who shows up and wanna share ya....thanx

Witness said:
okie...will monitor this thread and see who shows up and wanna share ya....thanx

Just call me up as and when you guys are ready. I'm trying to make things 'no frills', so may not monitor this thread as much. Call me at 9-8481849 should anything firmed up for you guys, I'll gladly help from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.