a street urchin's prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
32372678.jpg

interesting subject, unfortunately not enough blurring of the "unwanted" things to bring out the "urchin". would've missed the message if not for the title. if only the two person stood further apart for a better framing. perhaps try doing desaturation for all except the urchin?

DON'T DO ANYTHING! It's perfect!

A voyeuristic glimpse into the face of poverty. Just a glimpse, nothing more, otherwise we can't take it. Two well dressed tourists and a barefoot, shirtless street urchin. The hopeful, deadly serious look in the eyes. To him it's a matter of life or death. The girl fumbling with her handbag to dig some money out. The guy checking to see how much his girlfriend is going to give, cigarette hanging from his hand. The mannequin's laughing face in the background - fake commercial happiness, symbol of globalisation, the cause of poverty and an increasing wealth gap.

Great shot!

Just need tigher framing perhaps? Rid of the Mannequins?

i agree with ss. the shot already tells a story. Not neccesary to modify it further.

perfect or not - it is subjective. but it does meet the objective of drawing relevance to your title "street urchin". The only bits I don't see is the prayer bits (the boy clutching his hands?)

StreetShooter said:
DON'T DO ANYTHING! It's perfect!

A voyeuristic glimpse into the face of poverty. Just a glimpse, nothing more, otherwise we can't take it. Two well dressed tourists and a barefoot, shirtless street urchin. The hopeful, deadly serious look in the eyes. To him it's a matter of life or death. The girl fumbling with her handbag to dig some money out. The guy checking to see how much his girlfriend is going to give, cigarette hanging from his hand. The mannequin's laughing face in the background - fake commercial happiness, symbol of globalisation, the cause of poverty and an increasing wealth gap.

uh,

not much comment on the pic itself but the technicals here...

i think the metering is a bit off. got screwed by the white shirts i guess ?

thanks for all the comments everyone.... really appreciate them!

SS, hats off to you for your in-depth and thought-provoking critique.

:)

The kid may be richer than you think.

LimCB said:
The kid may be richer than you think.

You do have this habit of making such unnecessary remarks in other people's thread huh? Notice quite a lot of them recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.