A street car named Desire

Status
Not open for further replies.

microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
Running out of names for thread title...

Anyway, thanks M, for the shoot. It was an egg cooking hot and humid day, but was fun.

Nice meeting some new friends... J, TYS and Leejay! (Cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeves).

Here are my take on my "streetcar named Desire".

shots200705_004.jpg

shots200705_005.jpg

shots200705_006.jpg

Inspired by Joho's Madeline Shoot.

shots200705_010.jpg

shots200705_011.jpg

shots200705_013.jpg

The shot that inspired the title.

What lens did you use?

What lens did you use?

Images 1~4, 6 : Zuiko Digital 14-54mm
Images 5 : Zuiko Digital 50-200mm

Shot on an Olympus E-1 camera.

Wow, what a nice series although there are few minor points I don't like..But overall, your photos are excellent. They showed me a very pretty beautiful girl..I dont even can tell which one I like the most..:D...

A nice series of portraits Micro, did u use any reflector at all? Can share your technical details:D ?

A nice series of portraits Micro, did u use any reflector at all? Can share your technical details:D ?

Shot with only camera and lens, no reflector, no fill in flash, nothing.

What I did was in post, carefully decide which I want to keep... and using layers and mask and paint, disect, burn, dodge, to get the even-ness I wanted. I did a quick and dirty job in here as I did not really bothered to shoot properly during the outing, so now I have to quickly set up PS to save the day.

One of the key thing here is my lens system has superb shadow details, therefore I could pull a lot of stuff up in post.

Do you need more?

Wow, what a nice series although there are few minor points I don't like..But overall, your photos are excellent. They showed me a very pretty beautiful girl..I dont even can tell which one I like the most..:D...

Thank you, this is very flattering. Can share what you don't like about the images?

her name is desiree....aiyoh...u change her name...keke

A fine babe you have there!

For long haired models, always take care of strays, which could cause distractions to the entire photo.

It's a pity for the 5th shot, you focused wronly on eye. I would have focus on her left eye instead, or try a higher f number.

For pic 3, you may like to include her shadow as well to create more impact.

Just some thoughts. You don't have to follow my way though. ;p

Yes I know... anyway, this is OT.

sorry its not intentionally. anyway very excellent photo taken I have to say...but prefer the close up that you have taken...what are the settings that you set?

"Nice meeting some new friends... J, TYS and Leejay! (Cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeves). "

LOL :bsmilie: What sleeves? I am going to hide my sleeves before a seasoned old bird. But hearing you and Joho talk is really enjoyable, and thanks for the guidance! ^^ Keke~ Bro, the pics are air level :thumbsup:, but they aren't those type which I am fond of (it's about the saturation). ;p

A fine babe you have there!

For long haired models, always take care of strays, which could cause distractions to the entire photo.

It's a pity for the 5th shot, you focused wronly on eye. I would have focus on her left eye instead, or try a higher f number.

For pic 3, you may like to include her shadow as well to create more impact.

Just some thoughts. You don't have to follow my way though. ;p

Thanks for the comments. It is true... I didn't notice that my focusing was off for the shot until you mentioned... will probably find another shot with the right focus another time if I want to print this.

As for pic 3, due to the constraints of location, I cannot contain the shadow in total. Thanks for noting this. Cheers.

sorry its not intentionally. anyway very excellent photo taken I have to say...but prefer the close up that you have taken...what are the settings that you set?

Its ok. ;) The setting was +0.7EV to metering to brighten the whole image. Cannot remember the setting. The +0.7EV causes hair details and eye details to come up. And the skin a little washed out... but is great to cover up blemishes and uneven sun tan/make up... old trick in "beauty shots". Hope this helps.

what does the model think of it being called a "street car" sounds derrogative to me....

"Nice meeting some new friends... J, TYS and Leejay! (Cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeves). "

LOL :bsmilie: What sleeves? I am going to hide my sleeves before a seasoned old bird. But hearing you and Joho talk is really enjoyable, and thanks for the guidance! ^^ Keke~ Bro, the pics are air level :thumbsup:, but they aren't those type which I am fond of (it's about the saturation). ;p

Hi Leejay. Nice meeting you... ha ha ha... don't mind the cussing and swearing though! Just that boys will be boys... macham like army days again... carrying heavy load, on a shooting mission, have to be with "nature"... the heat and humidity bring out the Army Beng in us!

But I don't get you when you said "Air Level"... and "but they aren't those type which I am fond of (it's about the saturation). "... what you mean? Airhead in lingo means "dumb"... ha ha ha... and do you mean that you prefer heavily saturated images instead of my Jap editorial style? I just find that this style is most flattering to Asian women/girls.

what does the model think of it being called a "street car" sounds derrogative to me....

Ha ha ha... this is a title from a book... anyway... I don't think she is taking me to court for this. Chill, my friend. ;)

micro,
why streetcar ah?:dunno:

edit: oh just saw your reply to mic

Hi Leejay. Nice meeting you... ha ha ha... don't mind the cussing and swearing though! Just that boys will be boys... macham like army days again... carrying heavy load, on a shooting mission, have to be with "nature"... the heat and humidity bring out the Army Beng in us!

But I don't get you when you said "Air Level"... and "but they aren't those type which I am fond of (it's about the saturation). "... what you mean? Airhead in lingo means "dumb"... ha ha ha... and do you mean that you prefer heavily saturated images instead of my Jap editorial style? I just find that this style is most flattering to Asian women/girls.

Yes, generally I like colorful pics - those that can wake people up at first sight. No lah, air level means the skill is in the air (hard to attain), and would take me quite long to achieve. ^^ hehe

micro,
why streetcar ah?:dunno:

edit: oh just saw your reply to mic

Her name's Desire-e... I merely took the "e" out and well... I like the book... doesn't matter if you guys don't get it. Neither am I apologising for it. By the way, can we keep the comments on pictures instead of trying to start a court session in here about righteousness? Many thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.