A strange question... Strange... Objects in my photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
I was browsing thru and reliving my memories of my first, hard-saved (surviving on bread, water and instant noodles almost everyday) trip when I noticed ORBS in my photos. :bigeyes:

Perhaps I din take note of them initially, but they only appear in a few sections in a couple of photos. Nope, no definite looking faces or wad dat resembles my dead relatives.

I'm wondering if the following factors can cause so-called 'spiritual' orbs to appear in a digital/film photo? Plz enlighten:

1) Floating dust in the room. Kinda like u take a powerful light and u see all the specks of dusts thing.

2) Dust on lens and on flash? (Its a point-and-shoot cam. I haven't got my 300D dat time)

3) Noise level in the P&S cam, coupled with floating dust and condensation on lens.

Any other more causes?

Flyingpig said:
Yea! Post it and let us see...
Can't post lah... Personal photos (not *ahem* stuff, but it got a friend request me not to post).

Well, the orbs have a flat look with no sense of depth. Its fairly constant though. I noticed it only appears in like juz 4 out of the 8 of the indoor shots of my holiday photo. Most of it were outdoors and there were no orbs of any kind. My guess would be dust orbs. Maybe once I get Photoshop CS running, I'll do an enlargement to see if it got pictures of skulls or wad. Hahaha... Den I wun go back to the same hotel next time I go to Japan.

skyflash said:
hmm. when i was in Osaka, the hotel room was pretty smokey. i wont be surprised if i see any orbs if my camera has been better (was using 2MP back then). see if u buy this hypothesis? :p
It was more of a Ryokan den a Hotel in a small hotspring town in Gunma in Ikaho Onsen. :)

Anyway, it was a P&S 3MP cam. I guess I'm buying dat 'dirty, smoky room, floating dust' theory. :)

i have a photo taken in LA. there's a white figure-like thing (looks like a white cloth or something) beside me. it was in the afternoon then. the nite b4, some spooky events happened in the hotel as well...

w.s said:
i have a photo taken in LA. there's a white figure-like thing (looks like a white cloth or something) beside me. it was in the afternoon then. the nite b4, some spooky events happened in the hotel as well...

Maybe an amateur model in the other world wants you to do TFP?

haha i was in a LA hotel sleeping & had "someone" squeezed my butt until i wake up....that was around 4 - 5 am... :bigeyes:
i woke up, prayed & went back to sleep as i got an important soon later. ;p

crop n post?

Well, if anyone's interested, here's a cropped version of the 'ghostly' orbs.

But I'll buy more to into the 'dust orb' version. :)

DSC00014.jpg

I used to have those orbs with my Canon S30. Only in certain rooms when I was using the flash. Never in the same place, never the same size, not in every photo.

I recall there is a 'time slip' theory with regarding the appearance of spirits.

It is said that these spirits, due to the high level of negative energy in the area, they are being trapped in an alternative universe in a different time from ours. However, linear slips in time will make their time overlap ours thus making us 'see' them.

According to the theory, these spirits will be seen at a fixed time, fixed location, doing the same thing over and over and over and over again and again and again.

If this theory holds water, we will be seeing spirits and 'ghostly orbs' only in fixed place at a fixed time with a fixed size.

Anyway, I think I'm juz being silly. Most probably its juz dust. :) After all, according to the Ryokan's rules, though not encouraged by the Ryokan, guests are allowed to smoke indoors as long as they dun raze the entire hotel to cider.

Any CSers know the answer? Strange that this 'effect' only happens indoors with flash.

(Hmmm... just realised this is in the wrong sub-forum.)

Status
Not open for further replies.