A step? A walk? A jounrney?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkist

Jul 7, 2002
Walk.jpg

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."

Pls do give me some vaulable comments/feedbacks.

If you had placed the phrase in the picture, I believe it'd have been better... Kinda reminds me of those 'inspirational' posters.

sunkist said:
Walk.jpg

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."

hello sunkist,
personally feel that this photo is quite artistic, like the composition and the color combination :)
really can create a feeling that someone is about to start her journey...

Thanks firefox and ivan.

The reason why i didnt wanna to put those words in the photo itself is beacuse i still wan it to be a "photo" rather than a "poster".

sunkist said:
Walk.jpg

Hehehe... can see the blurring done on background, done quite chop chop.. ;p

Nice, but perhaps if the person stop facing right, and you can show the footprints in the sand behind the legs on the left.. JMO.. dun be bothered by me.. kakaka.. just crapping like always.

thanks for advises

Without the words...I believe not many will know what you are trying to say from your photo.

What's shown on the photo are "chopped" leg, what does that means ? The white patch in the background, what does that means ? Just think for a moment from another person perspective who is not taking tha photo and ask yourself the questions. Better still, print the photo and ask some of your friends without telling them anything, just ask the question "What do you think this photo message is ?"

My interpretation of the photo without the words, will be.....some adverts trying to sell pants. Even for this there is a flaw in that not the whole pant is shown...like I said earlier it is "chopped".

Just my opinion.

Point taken. And i respect ur views. But there are some words that i do not like from u. Example "Better still" .

"Com'on loh. Come here to share share one lo. Come in and use strong words on me. Wah kaos. I own u money huh!" -- the ah beng inside me!

sunkist said:
Walk.jpg

To me, I like this alot. This is artistic. Of course, words meant alot to tell ppl what's going on the pic. As mentioned, there are some poster like this as well. (Cant rem)

I cant help but just to say, I like it alot!

But why not you show the shoe as well? Because, you mention journey and walk. It will great if the shoe was shown to let ppl know the person is really start to start the journey.

Nevertheless, good compo and idea for this. Keep it up. Hope to see this often. Meanwhile, I should do something like this as well. Something I always like to do so.

Happy sharing, mate! ;) :thumbsup:

P.s. This type of pic really give an idea to those ppl who often get lost on where they wan to go or do. :)

sunkist said:
Walk.jpg

Very Artistic.... Well done. keep it coming...
Have you thought of shooting for poster?
If you can have a wider border, and put the inspiration words in the border, you can package it and sell it at bookstore liao....

Did you invent those words yourself?? I got no "ink", and "England" no good, so don't know how to use words, If my words sounds offending, pls don't "wack" me like you did to tankm.... :bsmilie:

sunkist said:
Point taken. And i respect ur views. But there are some words that i do not like from u. Example "Better still" .

"Com'on loh. Come here to share share one lo. Come in and use strong words on me. Wah kaos. I own u money huh!" -- the ah beng inside me!

If you want to share, just say share, do not ask for opinions or feedback. Once you ask for comments or feedback, do not expect people to say only nice stuff or whatever that makes you feel good.

Cool down ITguy. Relax. Dun get workup, Ok.

Peace together. I hope everyone share opinion together. ;)

Lai, I treat u Teh. Lax lax. :angel:

josho said:
Cool down ITguy. Relax. Dun get workup, Ok.

Peace together. I hope everyone share opinion together. ;)

Lai, I treat u Teh. Lax lax. :angel:

He still cant get over a #3 photo.

theITguy said:
If you want to share, just say share, do not ask for opinions or feedback. Once you ask for comments or feedback, do not expect people to say only nice stuff or whatever that makes you feel good.
I cant take opinions or feedback. But do not use strong words. I feel to have a good community, the 1st thing is from the member character. It tell alot abt ur character. U come in, say nothing abt my foto. But went straight into me. So ..?

I think maybe there a child within ur heart.

Now back to the photo..

Josho & tkp77- Creativity is beyond imagination. Jus think hard and let people have fun looking at ur photos. If u notice my style, u will notice that sense of humor within me. But somehow people might not see them like what i do. And therefore i might have offended them. But no matter which side u see of a coin, it still a coin. When i see other people's work and start commenting, I do not start off like "a father" trying to teach any rascal a lesson. My tone is in a friendly mode and i alway wanna to contribute to this forums rather than asking prices/where to buy etc.

This picture, to me, something interesting, but tells nothing to me. Other than the shallow DOF, which many others can do it, what make it so interesting or artistic?

It does not take you and your #3 to remind you that, you have got to learn to take critics before you manage to take good pictures. My words are for all people, applied the same way I put it to you as to others. I have not attacked you personally, but I would not do it just because you did it first. Now see who is more reactive if you look back.

theITguy said:
This picture, to me, something interesting, but tells nothing to me. Other than the shallow DOF, which many others can do it, what make it so interesting or artistic?

It does not take you and your #3 to remind you that, you have got to learn to take critics before you manage to take good pictures. My words are for all people, applied the same way I put it to you as to others. I have not attacked you personally, but I would not do it just because you did it first. Now see who is more reactive if you look back.
i shall put u in my "ignore list" :)
cheers!

Guys, let's hope you are not digging old score to get even!

Personally, I feel criticism though hurting can helps one to improve too.
It doesn't mean the pic is no good when there's criticism. Sometime, it means there are better way to present or improve on as perceived by the critique.

On the other hand, when we criticise, do spare a thought on the person who is willing to share his piece of work. I always admire these people who share. They did it for the sake of photography. And through their selfless sharing, we get to enjoy their works and learn from it.

What ever, we give, I feel we should do it in a win-win situation. Do be very careful on words we use.

Let's forget the 'whole' issue and move on. We are after all one family of Lumixers! We have known each other because of photography. So let's share our works and ideas for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.