A small ladder

would u bring a ladder to go shooting??

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey91

Jan 1, 2006
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
will u guys bring a small ladder when go shooting at shopping center like fashion show or fans meet??:think:
bcos i'm not very tall and there are a lot of ppl at the scene, thought of bringing a ladder but also 'pai seh' so didn't bring in the end:sweat:
what abt u guys :dunno: ??

joey91 said:
sorry!! bro, wat is ' Pogo stick'?

its a stick w/ springs 4 hopping ard. got handles 2 hold & bars 4 legs 2 stand on.

nv seen 1 b4 thou... :embrass:

i dun hav a small ladder. even if hav i unlikely 2 bring, lazy mah. :bsmilie:

no problem for you to bring ladder i think.
with car..it is so much easier to carry.

Will be getting a step ladder soon cos I aint very tall.. only 1.75 :sweat:

Klose said:
Will be getting a step ladder soon cos I aint very tall.. only 1.75 :sweat:

i am only 1.68 :sweat:

Bringing a ladder is one thing, but using it ethically - not blocking in the way of other photographers - is another.

hahaha saw a pogo stick the other day. but the guy cannot bounce. anyway a small ladder should be fine. just don't block everyone la =.=!

Koelsch said:
hahaha saw a pogo stick the other day. but the guy cannot bounce. anyway a small ladder should be fine. just don't block everyone la =.=!

Hi Koelsch,

So I guess that you could understand the tallent to shoot with a pogo stick :bigeyes:
I had also considered suggesting a portable fork lift, or an inflatable cushion type affair.

Sorry if I seem calous with my suggestions though.

Me I would take along a "fully motorised 10 foot palm tree" and perch amongst the leaves.

Along with this, I would wear a beak so I would blend in.

Hi joey91,

Just a joke above ....

I am also "Vertically challenged" .... that is how we have to say it here... you can be "done ' for saying that someone is short !!!!! (how stupid)

Same as with the saying, " rule of thirds"..... it is also better to shoot from below than from above.

Don't try to see what you cant see. Exception to this will be a studio shot.

Have fun and post your shots

joey91 said:
will u guys bring a small ladder when go shooting at shopping center like fashion show or fans meet??:think:
bcos i'm not very tall and there are a lot of ppl at the scene, thought of bringing a ladder but also 'pai seh' so didn't bring in the end:sweat:
what abt u guys :dunno: ??
Bringing a ladder during a idol-&-fans-meet/signing session is sucidal. Especially if its some Korean movie hunk or male band/pop group, oh my god, the female fans, especially the teenagers were like monsters on the loose.

I will bring a ladder IF...

1. I am paid to do a particular event or show.
2. Someone invited me to a very exclusive show that is purely by invitation. A good example would be the recent SFF.

But to be honest, sometimes I wonder if after going through all the hassle of bringing the ladder/stool, at the end of the day isizt still useful or not.

During the recently ended SFF I was taking photos of the last show by Missoni. I was amazed that there weren't so many photographers despite it was the closing show so yeah, I was actually right at the front, although not exactly right in front of the catwalk.

Then halfway through, this particular photographer (foreign press I think) just dashed right in front of me, blocking my view and take photos! This local photographer who was standing beside me just kept staring at him! Maybe he was embarrased or something 'cos he gradually moved away. Unfortunately, maybe he was too excited or what but he continued to block my view for a couple of times for the rest of the show.

Moral of the story - even if you bring a ladder, be there early and chop a good seat, your million dollar view can STILL be blocked if some bugger comes in late and (gasp!) puts his/her ladder in front of you.

I saw a lot of that during this year's SFF.

actually i only 1.60,n the monsters on the loose some are too tall...
n thinking if i bring n cannot take a good pics.. izzit too waste... ppl will feel weird ,y this ppl bring ladder to shopping center...:embrass:
normally be4 or after the event shopping i'll shop around there, if bring ladder along then...:embrass: :sweat:

wad if there r nasty ppl who "accidentally" push u off d ladder? :devil:

sORe-EyEz said:
wad if there r nasty ppl who "accidentally" push u off d ladder? :devil:

hope no ppl treat me like tat,if i bring ladder... cos i only 1.60
:cry: :sweat:

Pablo : So I guess that you could understand the tallent to shoot with a pogo stick
I had also considered suggesting a portable fork lift, or an inflatable cushion type affair.

do you have a pogo?! i really wish to play with it. and how to shoot with that?! :bigeyes: can move 3 steps very pro liao. haha. but whats an inflatable cushion type affair? hmmm.

joey : just bring a ladder along if you want a good shot. i saw photographers with ladders, in a group at bugis parco very recently. doesn't matter if your outcome shots are good.

joey91 said:
hope no ppl treat me like tat,if i bring ladder... cos i only 1.60
:cry: :sweat:

i m jus pionting out a potentail safety hazard, 4 u & ur cam mah. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.