A small black spot when i look into my view finder

ctxx83

Nov 29, 2010
Hi all, when i was using my camera this morning, i notice there is a small black spot when i look into my viewfinder. I have took out the lens and use the blower to blow into the camera, but the spot remains. I have also try to change other lens, yet the spots remains there. I had also blow into the viewfinder but to no avil....
Hmmmm i cant seems to get it remove..... Anyone has face this problem before? What could be the cause? Thank you all a million in advance! :D

If it dosen't affect your pictures,its dust in your VF.If it does affect your pictures,its dust on your sensor...

I have many dust spots in my VF but since it dosen't affect my pictures,who cares?

I have a few spots also. some are mini hairs. shouldnt let that affect you. but if it really really affects u that much, u can bring back to Canon if its under warrenty. Ask them to ask the technician to brush the spot off for u, takes onli few minutes. Just do a request. Not sure if they'll do for u on the spot.

If u can see it thru your viewfinder, it can't be on your sensor due to the structure of single-lens reflex systems. It is also unlikely to appear on your photos if it's a small tiny spot on your lens. If it appears on your photos then it's probably on the sensor, but then you won't be able see it on your viewfinder. Get it? Hahahaha.

If spot doesn't affect your images, suggestion is to try and live with it, coz there'll be another one soon enough ;)
Unless you shoot in clean-room all the time :)

The spot might be on the mirror as well, just live with it unless its really bothering you, then you can send it for cleaning

i had the same problem a couple of days back. took out the lens and blew but to no avail.

however, i tried blowing directly at the viewfinder, above the sensor, aiming at the place with the dark spot. blew for a while and it managed to go off.

perhaps you could try using a blower and going closer and more directly at the spot?

Learn to live with it. These dust spots come and go. Do you want to take pictures or hunt dust? :)

I see. Thank you all for the valuable advices. yupz it seems that the black spot does not affect my photo. So i guess i just live with it :)

i got a few spots on both of my body view finders :bsmilie:, i just dun understand why people are more concern on this kinda thing when it doesn't even effect their shoot(unless the spot block a large portion of the view finder), like other suggest try to live with it cos in a matter of weeks or months a new one or more will appear

i had the same problem a couple of days back. took out the lens and blew but to no avail.

however, i tried blowing directly at the viewfinder, above the sensor, aiming at the place with the dark spot. blew for a while and it managed to go off.

perhaps you could try using a blower and going closer and more directly at the spot?

have to be careful not to touch/poke anything though. Might cause more harm than good.

i got a few spots on both of my body view finders :bsmilie:, i just dun understand why people are more concern on this kinda thing when it doesn't even effect their shoot(unless the spot block a large portion of the view finder), like other suggest try to live with it cos in a matter of weeks or months a new one or more will appear
well, I guess it's when you spot the first scratch on the paintwork of your new car, you tend to freak out, even though the scratch affects the ability of the car to transport you from A to B not one bit ;)

edit: just a general remark, not 'aiming' you in any way :angel: