a small black dot in view finder

paddy27

Oct 22, 2011
hi,my canon 7D i found a small black dot whn i view the viewfinder.
i tried to swap wt another lens but the black dot stil ther.
so wan to knw wat is the root cause?issit t he sensor dust or?
but the photo i took don hv the black dot.how to remove tis black dot?
anyone hv experience it b4?thanks

hi,my canon 7D i found a small black dot whn i view the viewfinder.
i tried to swap wt another lens but the black dot stil ther.
so wan to knw wat is the root cause?issit t he sensor dust or?
but the photo i took don hv the black dot.how to remove tis black dot?
anyone hv experience it b4?thanks

hi I believe it's dust inside the viewfinder.

mine have it also (think 2 or 3) haha. but so long it doesnt affect the IQ it doesnt affect me =)

if u see black dot in optical viewfinder than should be the mirror got problem

If black dot in photo means sensor problem. Use rocket blower or Google search how to clean mirror

thanks a lot for the info. i think mine shld b dust in the viewfinder.will consider send to CSC to remove it.

Here got 2 solution of when clean on inside the viewfinder.

1) can clean on mirror.

2) is the grid transparent plastic has some mirror dust.

Both can be used the rocker blower to blow some strong air to near the grid transparent plastic or mirror side.

There is wont spoiled your sensor or get in dust to stick on sensor. Cause most of time the shuttle door is close.

Here got 2 solution of when clean on inside the viewfinder.

1) can clean on mirror.

2) is the grid transparent plastic has some mirror dust.

Both can be used the rocker blower to blow some strong air to near the grid transparent plastic or mirror side.

There is wont spoiled your sensor or get in dust to stick on sensor. Cause most of time the shuttle door is close.

thanks for ur info. but i don understabd wher is the grid transparent plastic?issit at the sensor ther?

if u see black dot in optical viewfinder than should be the mirror got problem

If black dot in photo means sensor problem. Use rocket blower or Google search how to clean mirror

No, if you have a black dot in the viewfinder it's almost never the mirror, and the mirror "doesn't have problem". It's just dust in the OVF. Happens all the time.

How will cleaning the mirror resolve dust on the sensor?

Please read,research and understand before you try to give advice.

thanks a lot for the info. i think mine shld b dust in the viewfinder.will consider send to CSC to remove it.

why worry so much? even if you get it clean, the dust will still come back sometime later..

I have 2 dots of dust and a tiny dead spider in my 5d mkii vf. No idea how a weathersealed body like that can be infested with tht kind of stuff

Prajna said:
I have 2 dots of dust and a tiny dead spider in my 5d mkii vf. No idea how a weathersealed body like that can be infested with tht kind of stuff

No matter how is does sealed, but when you unmount or mount others lens an the dusty can be easily go in and sticks on focusing screen.