A Simple Sunday Evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron80

Mar 29, 2006
North
www.flickr.com
Hi, would appreciate any C&C for these 2 photos so that I can improve.. Thanks..:)

1) The Beginning of Our Journey
DSC_2331_resize2_.jpg

2) Admiring the beautiful sunset before calling it a day
DSC_2551_resize_.jpg

Interesting... you begin your journey by walking alongside the MRT track... hmm... :think:
Anyway, the first picture is simply bad. Just looking at the picture itself, you can't tell whether the subject is the MRT, the sky or the group of people at the side of the frame. If the subject is the people, why include in so much dead space at the foreground, and the sky? Give it a tighter crop, and if need be, remove the whole sky...

Not giving comment on the sunset shots. Way too many of sunset shots in CS... ...

Thanks for the advice..:) Actually the idea of the 1st pic is to show the smallness of the people as compared to the vastness of the world, hence I emphasize the sky.. "They set off on their journey into the vast world" That is the main idea. Maybe I never bring it out well enough..:embrass:

The_Cheat said:
Interesting... you begin your journey by walking alongside the MRT track... hmm... :think:
Anyway, the first picture is simply bad. Just looking at the picture itself, you can't tell whether the subject is the MRT, the sky or the group of people at the side of the frame. If the subject is the people, why include in so much dead space at the foreground, and the sky? Give it a tighter crop, and if need be, remove the whole sky...

Not giving comment on the sunset shots. Way too many of sunset shots in CS... ...

That's the dilemma of using wide angles, isn't it?

On one hand, there's the nice intersection of the tracks you want to capture. But on the other, you need to choose a prominent foreground subject to make the wide angle work its magic.

Perhaps you might want to try frame towards the passing train and make it the dominant foreground subject.

Thanks alot for ur advice Gunbucker! Will take note and try to choose and shoot more wisely next time!:)

Gunbucker said:
That's the dilemma of using wide angles, isn't it?

On one hand, there's the nice intersection of the tracks you want to capture. But on the other, you need to choose a prominent foreground subject to make the wide angle work its magic.

Perhaps you might want to try frame towards the passing train and make it the dominant foreground subject.

In my opinion you brought out your idea well. Its a good shot with good exposure, with leading lines and perspective and the MRT tracks divides the earth from the sky. Yes, and the minuteness of men in the universe. So, the title fit and your explanation fit, so, 2 fits.

Hi thanks for your comments Cecil.. I am glad at least my pic is ok with someone..:) Still very noob, will shoot more and hopefully improve..

Why no one feedback about the 2nd picture(Sunset)? Issit very bad or too normal liao? Will appreciate any comments on that too so that I know where to improve.. Thanks

Cecil said:
In my opinion you brought out your idea well. Its a good shot with good exposure, with leading lines and perspective and the MRT tracks divides the earth from the sky. Yes, and the minuteness of men in the universe. So, the title fit and your explanation fit, so, 2 fits.

Actually the first pic is bad. Though you might have hit all the keywords that you want to hit, there isn't a real focus to the shot that immediately grabs you. I don't think that there is a better way to frame or focus your shots at the location to an extent that it's interesting.

The 2nd shot, the different visual elements don't come together to provide an interest. Once again it's all a matter of personal opinion. It'd would have been a lot better if you stopped down even more to give the silhouettes a real blackness and more contrast on the clouds. But even so the framing doesn't quite work. Either wider or narrower would be better in my opinion.

ok hope that helps ........

Hi thanks for ur comments..:) Will take note and experiment more to get better results next time..

shojibake said:
Actually the first pic is bad. Though you might have hit all the keywords that you want to hit, there isn't a real focus to the shot that immediately grabs you. I don't think that there is a better way to frame or focus your shots at the location to an extent that it's interesting.

The 2nd shot, the different visual elements don't come together to provide an interest. Once again it's all a matter of personal opinion. It'd would have been a lot better if you stopped down even more to give the silhouettes a real blackness and more contrast on the clouds. But even so the framing doesn't quite work. Either wider or narrower would be better in my opinion.

ok hope that helps ........

actually, i think you were a little way off it being a proper sunset. sun still relatively high the sky.

pic 1, feels a little over saturated to me. good attempt, but the composition doesnt work for me.

Thanks for ur comments jdredd.. Appreciate that!:) I will definitely think more when composing pictures next time..

jdredd said:
actually, i think you were a little way off it being a proper sunset. sun still relatively high the sky.

pic 1, feels a little over saturated to me. good attempt, but the composition doesnt work for me.

As said in your title on A Simple Sunday Evening.
I was expecting to see some photos about your simple sunday........

Instead there are only 2 photo. One the beginning, another the end.:dunno:

Post more photos la!

Status
Not open for further replies.