A Shrike after many days of rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheels

Nov 17, 2002
LONG KAO
photo.rogerdeng.com
Hi

Been a while since I posted in WON. Been a while since the sun came out too. :)

Managed to capture a juvenile Shrike (I think) today.
3%7E2.jpg

Cheers and have a good weekend.

Good to see you post here again Roger. Good capture and technical. If only the vertical branch is shorter it would be perfect. Nevertheless, a good shot :thumbsup: as there is never a perfect shot in nature photography

Thanks for sharing and hope to see more of your shots

I think the branch prodives some sort of natural framing for the picture and helps to isolate the subject well :)

raptor84 said:
I think the branch prodives some sort of natural framing for the picture and helps to isolate the subject well :)

Good point there, however, I have to disagree in this case. Unless it is cropped tighter, then the single branch can work as a frame for the pic (as seen in below pic).

In this case IMHO, because of the additional space between the branch and the left side, as well as the space between the bird and the space on the right side, the subject is centered. It sort of makes the subject "facing a wall" look and more of a distraction than part of a frame.

Anyway, there is no right nor wrong and I am glad we can have a difference in perspective as we learn more from that.

Cheers

PS. Hi Roger, I have taken the liberty to cropped your pic here for illustration, if you are not ok with it pls let me know I will remove it. Thanks

54797317.jpg

Thanks PE and raptor84 for your constructive comments. Appreciate that you guys take time to comment anyway.

PE, I do agree with your tighter crop version. It does improves the composition. Anyway, I have no problem leaving the pic there since it is for constructive discussion. :)

Great shot! Pic looks even better after chngpe01's cropping.

Thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.