A series of abstract pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamasaint

Jan 26, 2003
www.lightedpixels.com
Hi guys...my first serious attempt at abstract photography. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. These pics were all taken at Neo Tew Rd. The abandoned HDB estate.

19733458.jpg

19733517.jpg

19733560.jpg

19733638.jpg

I dont know about the technical stuff.. but artistically, you have done a great work :thumbsup: I like the first pic particularly.
I am really impressed.
You have the 'eye'.

i think the shots work together. they look like close-ups of parts of the estate. seen together, you can get a feel of the texture of the place.

the tile shots look a bit like mondrian.

singly, the shots don't seem that striking to me.

Hi...thanks for all your valuable comments. I have put them together thru photoshop. What do you guys think?

19737159.jpg

1. your pics are so large, take v long to download. maybe you could downsize them?

2. mondrian was an artist. mainly exploring colours, lines, proportions.

3. i think your pics have a gritty feel. thus the clean lines of your collage design (the black & red lines) don't really go with them. try something more rough-edged.

Originally posted by iamasaint
By the way...what is mondrian?

He is a abstract artist born in 1872-1944. Some of his famous work is the composition in colours and line ( The concept used in the city link underpass )

these are good shots. u have a keen eye.

what setup are u using?

Hi all,

yes I have to agree the montage of pics don't work too well do they:) Thanks for the kind comments and critiques and those info abt Mondrian! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.