A Review of D3X vs 5Dm2

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Kwok

Aug 23, 2008
Singapore
www.flickr.com
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d3x/sharpness-comparison-5d-mark-ii.htm

Take note I post this link for further information only, it's definitely not an opportunity to kick a fuss between C and N users :)

Besides, what constitute a good picture is far more than just having sharp or blur images
Just my 2 cents worth

Last edited:
I don't bother with his review because he only thinks that Nikon produces good camera.

Sometimes u just need to look at the pic :) There again, it is of course no reason to just take his words for it. Truth is outside :)

I don't bother with his review because he only thinks that Nikon produces good camera.

Anyway, I do know some Canon users saying they're putting off buying the 5D2 because of certain artifacts even in the RAW files.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's true that 5Dm2 it's not as good as D3X.

It's also not fair that he compares a D3X with a 5DmII he should have compared it with a 1DSmIII. Or, 5DmII with a D700.

So you feel it is fair to compare a 20+MP sensor with a 12MP sensor ? Isn't it even more unfair ? I can easily downsample the 20MP to 12MP and it can instantly look far sharper even if the sensor produce less sharp image at 20MP :bigeyes:

Yeah, it's true that 5Dm2 it's not as good as D3X.

It's also not fair that he compares a D3X with a 5DmII he should have compared it with a 1DSmIII. Or, 5DmII with a D700.

I think comparing with an A900 would be apt.

As a Nikon user I also don't bother about him. :bsmilie:

I think a lot of newbies idolize him but eventually dump him once they turned more experienced.

He's always saying save this money and get that... or weight saving beats the sh|t out of quality... or this photo is straight out of a cheap camera on a cheap lens without processing...

ken has always been funny.. :)

btw, noise reduction at ISO100? hmm...

who is ken rockwell and why should we care??

Status
Not open for further replies.