A reckless driving that almost cost 2 life

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulFLY

Nov 11, 2007
AMK
500px.com
Sharing a moment that will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Was in the car when this accident took place which almost took away 2 life and thank GOD that we are still alive as we travelling to customer place for business; and consider very lucky to be out from the wreckage only in small bruises and cuts from the smashed windscreen.

How does it end up like this? Due to reckless driving by the company driver. Accelerating down the expressway doing 120~130km/h on a rainy weather condition and staying most of the time in the heavy vehicle/non overtaking lane. So, there is this big truck right in front of us and unable to reduce the acceleration, the driver opt to chance lane and thing is, he misjudged the safety distance/space between the oncoming vehicle on the opposite lane and the the truck in front of us. Expecting the oncoming vehicle to deccelerate and let us pass by signalling for switching lane where the car is already started switch prior signalling. Which vehicle able to react in such split second moment and moreover, that vehicle is a Coach?

So, the Coach hit us at the rear left side resulting us to hit the road divider head on and as the Coach unable to stop in time, it hit us again for the second time on the left side of the car. That impact throw our car spinning more that 3 round; >720 degree and end up stopping on the non-overtaking lane again. So lucky that the car did not overturn!

The fuel tank burst and resulting the fuel strewn all over and both of us were rained with fuel and smashed glasses. Like said earlier, we are very lucky that the car did not caught fire and it was still raining, else, we are roasted!

Though in shock, I quickly picked up my senses back, releasing the safety belt and ran out from the car scaring the car will caught fire. Sensing something not right as the driver yet to be out from the car, so I returned to the car and pulled the driver out as he is pretty much in shocked and switching off the car engine and both of us ran to a safety distance.

It happened so fast and in that split second moment, I told myself not to die and get out of the car no matter how. Also, I really thank GOD to watch over me and answered my prayer as I called my wife to say a prayer together before departure. Or else.....

Am trying hard to forget that incident and picking myself back. It cause me sleepless night and hope to get over it soon.

4719540790_6c2f006f24.jpg

Last edited:
Really glad that the chasis of the vehicle did not break from the impact.

What make & model is that car?

Really glad that the chasis of the vehicle did not break from the impact.

What make & model is that car?

Not sure bout the maker and model but it is from China automobile itself.`

glad that you are all ok despite the condition of the car.

Truly, I am glad you are in one piece ............. it looks BAD.....

What happened later?

That looks terrible. Praise God for His protection.
Overall impressed by how the car kept you both in one piece though, considering it's from China. :)

god bless u

indeed. a little bit more..tat is it.

Seriously stupid driving.

I often tell my convoy members..

drive slow nevermind, must reach destination.

Any accidents will kill the fun out of the road trip.

So far, so good.

Any whiplash injuries?

glad u r ok. :)

pls take care...

I saw the first photo and thought it was bad then I saw the rest and read your description..... ITS HORRIFIC! Nothing much I can say but I hope this incident had impacted you and the driver in a positive manner. Now call your wife and kid!!:)

Thanks God you are all ok.

I think the one thing that saved your lives is the Safety Belts :think:

I have given up driving to the North long ago. Even at 110km/h with a BMW525, you still got midget cars, lorries, coaches, etc overtaking you :dunno:

That looks terrible. Praise God for His protection.
Overall impressed by how the car kept you both in one piece though, considering it's from China. :)

god bless u

indeed. a little bit more..tat is it.

Seriously stupid driving.

I often tell my convoy members..

drive slow nevermind, must reach destination.

Any accidents will kill the fun out of the road trip.

So far, so good.

Any whiplash injuries?

glad u r ok. :)

pls take care...

Thank you guys for the well wishes!

Clioboy, no whiplash injuries...thank goodness..

Thanks God you are all ok.

I think the one thing that saved your lives is the Safety Belts :think:

I have given up driving to the North long ago. Even at 110km/h with a BMW525, you still got midget cars, lorries, coaches, etc overtaking you :dunno:

glad to know you are all right, please take care.

hope the drive will learn from this lesson.

I saw the first photo and thought it was bad then I saw the rest and read your description..... ITS HORRIFIC! Nothing much I can say but I hope this incident had impacted you and the driver in a positive manner. Now call your wife and kid!!:)

Truly, I am glad you are in one piece ............. it looks BAD.....

What happened later?

Yep, the safety belt saved us, really! China drivers are crazy/inhuman. They never even wanted to come down from their car to assist or something. Instead keep honking.

So selfish!

Ed, call up the insurance ppl and they handled the whole situation and we follow the tow car to their workshop.

Waited for other driver come and fetch me up and continue with the journey!

Now, as am back in SG, I have little doubt I will travel to China for time being...

Kit, thank goodness I still can hear the voice of my wife and kids.

Yep, the safety belt saved us, really! China drivers are crazy/inhuman. They never even wanted to come down from their car to assist or something. Instead keep honking.

So selfish!

Ed, call up the insurance ppl and they handled the whole situation and we follow the tow car to their workshop.

Waited for other driver come and fetch me up and continue with the journey!

Now, as am back in SG, I have little doubt I will travel to China for time being...

Kit, thank goodness I still can hear the voice of my wife and kids.

i think i must remember to use safety belt .... i always find it a hassle... it is so uncomfortable...

and regarding your "finding" of China ppl.... sigh ... what else can we say... i have heard and read about it so many times.... i think the cultural revolution and their adoption of Communism really destroyed alot of good values passed down by ancient Chinese.... i love ancient China much more than what China is now....

Glad that you are still posting...which means you are fine...GOD bless.
In any case, no matter how urgent a matter is...safety should come first...In this kinda wet road, the driver should drive even slower than usual!;(

Status
Not open for further replies.