A Rare Nikkor for Sale


Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Ah, after mucking around the URL removing what looks like spurious characters (how the hell did a <br /> get in there? and a space (%20) too... ), finally got it. Can't seem to paste that long URL properly back into the mail, so ....

remove the %20 near the start of the URL, and remove the <br /> somewhere near the end. That should work.

Regards
CK
 

cyanbloodbane

New Member
Mar 18, 2002
228
0
0
Originally posted by ckiang
Ah, after mucking around the URL removing what looks like spurious characters (how the hell did a <br /> get in there? and a space (%20) too... ), finally got it.

Hope this works:

http://www02.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___800189149___189149___USE___CatID=3018___SID=ED37A95C350

Regards
CK
nope. still elusive.
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
WAAAAAAH! 300mm f/2!!! With the TC-14C!!!!!!!!
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
Hi,

I am curious, as the picture is not available on the website.

The f-number is the ratio between the focal length and the aperture diameter. 300mm f/2 means that the aperture diameter is 150mm. That means that the outer diameter of the lens should be at least 170mm. That must be a real monster to carry around!

- Roy
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
There's a pic of it in Ian's avatar. :D
 

Ian

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
2,532
0
0
59
Perth Australia
Originally posted by roygoh
Hi,

I am curious, as the picture is not available on the website.

The f-number is the ratio between the focal length and the aperture diameter. 300mm f/2 means that the aperture diameter is 150mm. That means that the outer diameter of the lens should be at least 170mm. That must be a real monster to carry around!

- Roy
Hi Roy,

Front element is 160mm and is in keeping with several other Nikkor Super Teles an optical flat.

As for weight the damn thing is a BEAST to lug around as it weighs in at a petite 7.1 kg which by way of contrast is a damn sight heavier than the 600/4 AFS at 5.9kg or the AFS-II at 4.85kg.

My TC-14C produces slight colour abberations around the fringes of the image, a problem that's been documented by other users of this lens, however the use of a TC-301 cures the problem though the image is a bit softer in the center than with the 14C
 

roygoh

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
5,011
0
0
Northwest
Visit site
Originally posted by Ian


Hi Roy,

Front element is 160mm and is in keeping with several other Nikkor Super Teles an optical flat.

As for weight the damn thing is a BEAST to lug around as it weighs in at a petite 7.1 kg which by way of contrast is a damn sight heavier than the 600/4 AFS at 5.9kg or the AFS-II at 4.85kg.

My TC-14C produces slight colour abberations around the fringes of the image, a problem that's been documented by other users of this lens, however the use of a TC-301 cures the problem though the image is a bit softer in the center than with the 14C
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info. I remember the weight of an M16 rifle is around 7kg...

So, using this lens with the TC-14C gives an equivalent 420mm focal length (300X1.4)? What is the equilent f number then, 420/150 = f2.8?

- Roy
 

Ian

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
2,532
0
0
59
Perth Australia
Originally posted by roygoh


Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info. I remember the weight of an M16 rifle is around 7kg...

- Roy
Fully loaded it would be as from memory the weight without ammo is around 3.5 to 4 kg.

You're correct on the aperture and focal lenght.

Though with a TC-301 attached the 300/2 is sharper than any of Nikon's 600mm primes.
 

Ian

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
2,532
0
0
59
Perth Australia
Originally posted by extreme2
Adorama camera USA is auctioning the NIKON 300mm "F2" NIKKOR *ED

To view the pictures click on the links:
Gonna buy it? I can personally attest that they are the best 300 ever made.

Images from mine blow the doors off my 300/2.8.
 

chaotic

New Member
Feb 14, 2002
697
0
0
41
has anyone been to the b&h photo store at New York personally?
 

Larry

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
5,499
0
0
47
singapore
www.larryloh.com
Originally posted by Ian
As for weight the damn thing is a BEAST to lug around as it weighs in at a petite 7.1 kg which by way of contrast is a damn sight heavier than the 600/4 AFS at 5.9kg or the AFS-II at 4.85kg.
7.1 KILOS?!?!? fwah!!! that's not just a beast, that's a dam Gozilla! you don't need a tripod, you need a foxhold, GMPG mount and someone with arms like Arnold. :D
 

Ian

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
2,532
0
0
59
Perth Australia
Originally posted by firefox13
7.1 KILOS?!?!? fwah!!! that's not just a beast, that's a dam Gozilla! you don't need a tripod, you need a foxhold, GMPG mount and someone with arms like Arnold. :D
Well it's a tad heavier than the 300/2.8 AF range which are between 2.7 and 3.1kg. Hand holding a 300/2 is not a lot of fun but it can be done.
 

erwinx

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,427
0
36
Visit site
Originally posted by chaotic
has anyone been to the b&h photo store at New York personally?
its a fascinating place. You go to the relevant product display area, choose the items you want to buy, they key it in, and the stock is sent by 'conveyor belt' (actually conveyor 'basket').... I think Singapore is cheaper but I picked up some parts not available in singapore.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.