A quick question on tamron 17-50mm VC filter

skyguy

Feb 20, 2007
North
hi all,

this one need abit of help from experience user of tamron 17-50mm vc

I just got that lens recently and is going to get a uv filter for it..

so my question is: if a normal hoya HMC is used, will it cause vignette?

anyone??? i thought this should be a fast one... so i guess most of the user use pro1D then?

Just get pro1d to be sure. Since it is slim frame.

I have the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 VC lens and use a standard, not slim, filter. No vignetting so no worries.

Tumbleweed said:
I have the Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 VC lens and use a standard, not slim, filter. No vignetting so no worries.

Remember canon and Nikon mounts also matter. Because canon is 1.6 and Nikon is 1.5. So the same lens has more potential for vignetting on Nikon mount since fov on Nikon is slightly wider.

Last edited:
Dun have to worry abt vignetting for 17mm. I used a hoya hmc and b+w f-pro. No vignette at 17mm at all

hi all, thanks for the reply

i actually have abit of vignette even when no filter is place on, 17mm f2.8 ... i look through the web and it seem very common

anyway i got a slim hmc and fit well and no vignette problem ( i dun mean it totally cure vignette)... will post photo soon i hope

straight from cam, no editing done.. jpeg

5595143801_2b4b06e547_b.jpg

as u can see there is abit of vignette at the corner... the plate is very big, there shouldn't be any grey corner by right

Last edited:
straight from cam, no editing done.. jpeg

5595143801_2b4b06e547_m.jpg

as u can see there is abit of vignette at the corner... the plate is very big, there shouldn't be any grey corner by right

;) Very minor la.

I'm using Hoya HMC UV Filter.. Bo daiji leh.. Cannot see vignetting.. Or maybe bcos i never pixel peep lolz.. i just view it on my 21.5" screen.