A question on TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjk

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Hi folks,

Was hanging around CP this afternoon asking about TC. I was shown a Teleplus Pro300 2x TC for $260. Was told that this particular model was designed to reduce flare from reflections from the sensor (!?)

Anyway, would like to know if I can slap this onto just any EF compatible mount lenses? And I understand that I will lose 2 stop of light. So let's say I put in on a lens with f/5.6 max aperture. Will the camera get a aperture of f/11 and refuse to AF or will it still get a f/5.6 aperture and still tries to AF, although with a much dimer ambient light? My guess is the latter .....

Also, will it be able to meter correctly and automatically compensate for the 2 stop loss of light? (Meaning just like having a ND filter in front??)

Lastly, how is this model different from the Kenko offering?

Thanks.

Regards,
JK

tanjk said:
Hi folks,

Was hanging around CP this afternoon asking about TC. I was shown a Teleplus Pro300 2x TC for $260. Was told that this particular model was designed to reduce flare from reflections from the sensor (!?)

Anyway, would like to know if I can slap this onto just any EF compatible mount lenses? And I understand that I will lose 2 stop of light. So let's say I put in on a lens with f/5.6 max aperture. Will the camera get a aperture of f/11 and refuse to AF or will it still get a f/5.6 aperture and still tries to AF, although with a much dimer ambient light? My guess is the latter .....

Also, will it be able to meter correctly and automatically compensate for the 2 stop loss of light? (Meaning just like having a ND filter in front??)

Lastly, how is this model different from the Kenko offering?

Thanks.

Regards,
JK
Your camera will not AF beyond f8.0...

Only solution: Tape.

Your camera will compensate for the light loss by itself I guess. Haven't used the Kenko's yet. Using a Canon 1.4x one.

Cheers!

nickmak said:
Your camera will not AF beyond f8.0...

Only solution: Tape.

Your camera will compensate for the light loss by itself I guess. Haven't used the Kenko's yet. Using a Canon 1.4x one.

Cheers!

I think 10D and below won't AF beyond f/5.6. But my question is will the TC transmit f/11 to the camera and therefore it won't AF or will the TC transmit f/5.6 to the camera and it will still try to AF, but of course with more difficulty due to the loss of 2 stops.

I abit pai-seh to bring my cam down to CP and play with the TC and in the end never buy leh. So hoping I can get some answers before I go bothering them :D

Regards,
JK

Status
Not open for further replies.