A Question on 2 volt AC DC Adpator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sion

I have a Walkman mainly to listen to audio books with a socket for AC adaptor that states " 2 Volt DC".

I have a universal multi-AC DC adaptor with selections on 1.5 volt, 3 volt, 4.5 volt etc. but no 2 Volt

Can I use it for the cassette player and which power should I set it? 1.5 volt or 3 volt?

Thanks.

I have a Walkman mainly to listen to audio books with a socket for AC adaptor that states " 2 Volt DC".

I have a universal multi-AC DC adaptor with selections on 1.5 volt, 3 volt, 4.5 volt etc. but no 2 Volt

Can I use it for the cassette player and which power should I set it? 1.5 volt or 3 volt?

Thanks.

dun think you can use any.... :sweat:

Try 1.5V, if it can power up, just use lor..

If cannot power up, can try 3V.. at your own risk. Usually electronics don't get fried due to over voltage of 1V.. so should be quite safe.. but the risk is still there.

Unregulated 1.5V can easily reach the region of 2V, so it should be fine. It's not recommended to supply a higher voltage, as the components might fry or catch fire. 3V is 50% over-powered.

Why not run the walkman on batteries for the time being? You can visit Sim Lim Tower to find 2VDC power adaptors.

Status
Not open for further replies.