A Pleasant Experience .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhV

Jun 10, 2004
Northland
Any PROUD BILLINGHAM CAMERA BAGS OWNER out there ?

http://www.billingham.co.uk/home.asp

Martin Billingham has just redefined 'customer service' :D

I was a proud owner of 2 Billingham bags - namely 206 and F4.5. Unknowingly, their Superflex inserts deteriorated due to our local weather and resulted in sticky and 'cushionless' inserts....my equipments were stained at one stage :(

Local retailer informed me that this was quite common.. Yes, silly me, I should have asked them earlier..had lived with it for quite a while. However, when I brought my bags down, they informed me that the local agent could not do anything about it. Any replacement would come at a cost. Man, I was pissed then. These bags have LIFETIME WARRANTIES !

The shop advised me to email Billingham directly. Guess what .. the site could not be accessed for almost 2 days... that got me more pissed. I picked my phone and called "M Billingham & Co" in U.K. immediately and wanted to give them a piece of my mind initially. Martin took my call and reassured me that their site was always up and ready for feedback till he tried to access it himself. He apologised when he could not do it. In addition, he offered his email and told me to give him more details.

I emailed him immediately on my above problems, which I had on the inserts of both bags. He apologised and took the time to explain to me that they always use superior quality materials to manufacture their bags thru'email. He also offered to replace my 206 detachable inserts immediately. Which company here can beat this ?.... F4.5 was a discontinued model with fixed inserts.. instead of asking me to send back the damaged bag..Guess what ..he offered to re-manufacture this model; just for me. He advised me to be patient as it would require some time for the factory to reproduce a similar bag. I waited.....

Federal Express just replaced and delivered these items to me tonight and I am once again a proud owner of BILLINGHAM camera bags :D I am impressed as it took them less than 1 month to settle my problems.

Now, this is what I call "CUSTOMER SERVICE" !!!! :thumbsup: Continue to support BILLINGHAM, man!! Their bags are classy.

So, if anyone of you has problems with your BILLINGHAM inserts or bags and all else failed, GO STRAIGHT TO MARTIN BILLINGHAM in UNITED KINGDOM :)

Anyone else have other pleasant experience ???? Care to share .....

Wow!!! That is really GOOD SERVICE!

Me proud owner of a Hadley Original. I just love this bag. Very nice and compact for a carry around bag.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for Billingham!

That is so sweet to hear...

and maybe it is about time I get rough with my billingham :think:

Truth is Billingham Bag carries life-time warranty but to what extent I really do not know.

Can careless/general wear & tear be fixed/replaced too?

Did you also ask Martin why local Singapore Agent for Billingham Bags couldn't care less of your problems?

Hmm.. come to think of it... I remembered Martin claiming that our local agent has always been helpful - at least from his point of view, and should offer the same level of customer service.

Anyway, he looked into my problems personally - bypassing our local agent. Strange, isnt it ? :think: I dunno how true but I was told there was only one agent in Singapore ? Based on what my friends told me, their experiences were not too pleasant.

Despite this, I am still very pleased with such commendable customer service :thumbsup:

Anyway, if you are using their bags, take note of their Superflex inserts, which could deteriorate due to our local weather. Martin assured me that they had already used new materials to counter this problem. If you still face this problem, like me, just ask for a FREE replacement as it is not our fault.

AhV said:
Anyway, if you are using their bags, take note of their Superflex inserts, which could deteriorate due to our local weather. Martin assured me that they had already used new materials to counter this problem. If you still face this problem, like me, just ask for a FREE replacement as it is not our fault.

Personally, I have no problems with the superflex inserts which are still going strong.

Honestly, this is the first occasion I have heard of cushionless, especially stickyness inserts. May I ask how old is your Billingham bag?

Apart from the relentless hot and humid Singapore weather, did you "abuse" her in any way like you forgot to bathe her, hence the stickyness or have you overused her, rendering her cushionless ;p ?

Status
Not open for further replies.