A Photoshop question... please help me, thanks~

Status
Not open for further replies.

whangjeeha

Feb 11, 2009
i just had my wedding...
My wedding venue was Dark, decorated with Candles.

i previously saw a few wedding photos taken by other newly weds' Photographer in this same Wedding Venue... their photos turned out very well... the photos showing the venue as how it looks in actual venue and setup.. (also dark, and romantic feel)

However , my very own wedding Photographer took for me, seem to have used external Flash, and the venue turn out very bright in my photos, very very different from how the actual venue looks...

I heard from friends who are into Photography that, because other newly wed's Photographer use the Prime lens, thats why can achieve the results that look the same as how the Actual venue should look like. ANd also because mine Photographer use the external flash

just want to ask, if Photoshop can adjust the colour so as NOT to show the venue so bright? as in can photoshop resume the colour and look of the actual venue in the photos?

Sorry i know this is not easy... just want to try my luck...

Your photog used ext flash for candlelit ambience? Wow he really blew it, some wedding photog I know have no idea whatever how to handle low light shots. Quite sad, guess consumers just have to screen and choose their photog well.

Perhaps prime lens gives you the big aperture but it's not all due to that. All one needs is an all manual settings, high iso, correct aperture and steady hands. Why don't you link your wedding pics, we might be able to tweak for you. I'll try to help you as well. Just email me.

Last edited:
If after post 1 or 2 of your fav pics and there is still no response............ you can proceed to 'kill' :bigeyes:your photographer liao........... :bsmilie:

really thanks all for your help.....

Can i email you the 1 or 2 pics? any email add i can email to?

i can only email tonight, as i didn't have the pics with me in office now...

thank you so much.... i really deeply appreciate all your help

if successful, can teach me how to do it?
so that i can edit my other 100 over photos?

If after post 1 or 2 of your fav pics and there is still no response............ you can proceed to 'kill' :bigeyes:your photographer liao........... :bsmilie:

TS might not have tell the photographer exactly what photos he wanted.
It's not fair to blame anyone if the ambient environment is blown due to flashes.:)

TS sounds like a wedding couple who wants to know why her photographer did not give the same results as what she saw other photographers do. That could be due to many reasons, including but not limited to, employing a al-cheapo photographer :)

TS should have just employed the other photographer if he likes what the other photographer did

anyway wrong forum, thread moved

hi all

sorry i am not trying to blame my photographer
as i myself did not understand about photography, didn't know what is prime lens or some other lens...Nor i know anything about External flash initially.... i just got to know about all these recently from some friends who are into photography

i did not tell my photographer what i wanted... because all along, i saw other photos of other wedding couples in the same venue, they all produce the same results... so i myself did not expect mine to be different...

right now.. i didn't blame my photographer, Nor did I scold him or ask him for compensation.. i did not do that... please do not scold me....

i only hope through my own efforts, can re-edit my photos so that it won't look so bad...
I tried to analyse photoshop, and i am very new to this software... i just started learning 3 days ago on my own... so i thought of asking experts here.... if anyone could give me a pointer....

btw... my photographer did not charge me cheap... he was quite ex
but i shall not disclose his name here because do not want to spoilt his reputation accidentally

Last edited:
i previously saw a few wedding photos taken by other newly weds' Photographer in this same Wedding Venue... their photos turned out very well... the photos showing the venue as how it looks in actual venue and setup.. (also dark, and romantic feel)
However , my very own wedding Photographer took for me, seem to have used external Flash, and the venue turn out very bright in my photos, very very different from how the actual venue looks...

Have you spoken to him about such details before? It seems you had something in mind but haven't voiced it out. Not many people are gifted with reading minds. Also, during the event, you never noticed the flash? No chance to speak to him whether he can reduce flash usage?
A lot of things can be done technically and maybe a couple of pictures can be 'rescued'. but nothing beats a good conversation earlier...

Have you spoken to him about such details before? It seems you had something in mind but haven't voiced it out. Not many people are gifted with reading minds. Also, during the event, you never noticed the flash? No chance to speak to him whether he can reduce flash usage?
A lot of things can be done technically and maybe a couple of pictures can be 'rescued'. but nothing beats a good conversation earlier...

hi octarine

ya i understood what you meant now..
but as i mentioned in above post
I myself did not understand about photography, didn't know what is prime lens or some other lens...Nor i know anything about External flash initially.... i just got to know about all these recently from some friends who are into photography

I didn't notice the flash, as I was also busy with other things on my own Wedding day... and even if i noticed, i bet i would not have think of this, because i repeat... i didn't understand about photography at all... and it was really a rush that day... everything come so quickly, me as a bride really at a loss

Good example, should be made sticky in "Photo Biz".

I do understand your situation. To make it clear: I don't blame you for anything, nor shall the photographer be the black sheep here. It's a miscommunication.
As ortega mentioned: try first talking to the photographer. Since he has the original pictures it's the best if he can try to edit them in a different way. Best if the photographer has used RAW. Better don't try with smaller pictures you might have gotten on CD. Due to JPG compression you might suffer additional quality loss.

No pictures no talk. It's hard for us to judge without the photos. It's possible that TS saw pictures taken with direct flash where the foreground is bright and the background is dark or so called romantic.
TS can you post some examples when you are back?

thanks all

but may i know what email address to send to?

thanks so much for all your responses

Posting pictures here doesn't need an email address. By this you can get multiple ideas and response about your pictures.

to add on to ortega's suggestion
i did ask my photographer about it, but he said he could not help me edit to the effects i wanted
So i got to help myself then

You might want to get a flickr account and link the images here so that everyone can look at it and maybe try their hands on it if they feel up to it.

I suggest that you do this before sharing the bigger resolution ones on yousendit.com etc because as the photos are obviously personal to you and nobody here can tell at the moment if they can get the photos you have now to look like what you've got in mind.

Nevertheless, do post them up when you can.

thanks all, thanks so much for helping

i will try to upload some pictures on flickr as suggested by aspenx

and will link here..... thanks so much once again, even if it cannot be done in the end, i still thank you all for all the advices and initiative to help....

Status
Not open for further replies.