A photographers nightmare in the alleged land of the free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice story, but there seems to be no evidence to back it up. And look at where it is "published", the notorious 2600 hacker's zine. It lacks credibility.

Originally posted by Ian
Click here to read the story

This is one of the most worrying stories I've read in many years.

While I was around Changi jetty, on the bridge across the stream taking pictures of the bumboats ... a police man from the immigration post came and demanded I stop taking pictures of the place. This was on Sunday morning.

well , it was in USA. that's why I quoted "I AM THE LAW".

I also heard from a documantary that the sky around the world are spy by america satelite. Dunno how true it is tho. ;)

Originally posted by kiwitan

While I was around Changi jetty, on the bridge across the stream taking pictures of the bumboats ... a police man from the immigration post came and demanded I stop taking pictures of the place. This was on Sunday morning.

so weird... I was with my grp of frens shooting here n there making a lot of noise but no one said anything... imagine like last time, WWII the japanese came and settled down up to 5 years before they started spying... or came as traders...
paranoid but scary...

Think u were with a noisy group. I was alone. That's why the policeman's brave enough to come out :)

Originally posted by denizenx

so weird... I was with my grp of frens shooting here n there making a lot of noise but no one said anything... imagine like last time, WWII the japanese came and settled down up to 5 years before they started spying... or came as traders...
paranoid but scary...

Originally posted by ninelives
well , it was in USA. that's why I quoted "I AM THE LAW".

I also heard from a documantary that the sky around the world are spy by america satelite. Dunno how true it is tho. ;)

It's well documented fact that the USA and others eavsedrop world wide. Several high ranking CIA types have not only confirmed the use of "Echelon" but a recent EU comission has published some pretty daming reports on it's use to give the USA advantages in commercial dealings worldwide.

Originally posted by sriram
Nice story, but there seems to be no evidence to back it up. And look at where it is "published", the notorious 2600 hacker's zine. It lacks credibility.

IS this source any less credible than the mainstream media who actively censor the truth and frequently publish outright lies?

Originally posted by Ian
IS this source any less credible than the mainstream media who actively censor the truth and frequently publish outright lies?

Remember the publicity stunts they used to pull about 10-12 years ago? I still wouldn't trust a story like this from 2600.

Originally posted by Ian
Oh yah, their latest update : "We'd like to think that every story reported on in the mainstream media is questioned thoroughly, although we all know this is rarely the case. In the end, whether it's 2600 or Time, the decision on whether there is truth in a report lies with the reader."

No further evidence, nothing. On dpreview, some Denver residents claim that no such event happened. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.