A Photo Journal - Journey into OCH. Part 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
This is a multi-part photo-journal into my trip into OCH (Old Changi Hospital). I was there from 4:30pm till about 6:00 pm. Extremely creepy, quiet and totally desolated.

Save for a few dogs barking and the occasional chirp of birds, the silence in there seems almost deafening, swallowing all sound and giving the place an extremely eerie atmosphere...

Note: This series is abt 30 pictures long, so for those who have no wish to go through them all, click on my pbase gallery below and view all the thumb nails... The only advantage here is you get the commentaries...

Another thing you might notice is the fact that a few of the shots are blurred. Thats due to handshake. I think you can guess as much why.... Coupled with the fact that the ligting condition weren't all that great and the aperture/shutter speed were adjusted to compensate, it wasn't really ideal.. but i tried to make do. Best i could do in those condition...

Cheers.

Walked up the slope towards OCH, passing a few other blocks which had people doing some construction work, i trudge up and the first thing i noticed was the spray painted words....

Picture%20003cropped.jpg

I decided to walk on...

And then these words, which were written on the side of the same hut, which i presumed, were written by a marker, spelled out one of the reasons why i wasn't supposed to be in there....

Picture%20072cropped.jpg

The reddish stain didn't really comfort me....

As i stood in the courtyard, the buzzing of insects, the cries of the cicadas and the calls of the birds seem comforting enough...

Picture%20005cropped.jpg

An old tattered umbrella lies there, it's framing slowly rusting away and as i stood in the lobby, the sounds and cries seemed to slowly quieten down...

Picture%20007cropped.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.